Unedited

•Jasmine's POV•

Today was New Years Eve and since my parents were away on a business trip, I decided to throw a party to bring in the new year.

I still haven't told Ross about the letter and to be honest Rocky is getting on my nerves, always pointing to his watch and looking at the calendar.

I decided to tell Ross tonight before midnight and I don't know how that will go.

After showering I got dressed in a short black skater dress with a lace over the dress' fabric, white and sliver open toe pumps and a cute wings necklace where the wings formed a heart, something Ross had insisted on buying me after Christmas, I did a winged eyeliner with dark pink lipstick and part of my hair in a hair rose with a braid going down one side.

Andi was here helping set up the party and she was dressed in a red plaid crop top, black skater skirt, leather zip up ankle boots and BMTH (Bring Me The Horizon) bracelet set. Her make up was a dark glittery eye makeup and rose matte colored lipstick,her hair down and straightened.

"And... we're done!" I look around and smile. We did pretty good considering it was only us decorating.

My phone went off with Ross' ringtone and I unlocked it to see a selfie of Ross in a black button down, black skinny jeans, converse and a black scarf, his arm behind his head and him flexing.

I giggle and sent him a text.

Seconds later I received a text.

I smile and talk with Andi as more people came in.

"Did you tell him?" Was the first thing she said.

I sigh and bit my lip. "No, but I will tonight, I promise."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "You better, you know Rocky will if you don't."

I nod and we chat on other things.

_____________________

The Lynches arrived now and as I walked around the party with Ross I could spot Rocky glancing at the clock and me.

"Um Rossy? I'll be back I forgot something in my room."

He nods and kisses my cheek. "Okay, I'll be here."

I smile and go up to my room.

I sit on my bed, looking around my room. I had most things packed already, except my bed and drawers. I would just get new ones when I arrive in Florida.

I sigh and open the letter. I hate that I have to tell Ross, it's going to be so hard. And I don't know how it'll affect our relationship-

"Babe- Woah, what's with all the boxes?"

I look up to see Ross, confusion written all over his face.

I bit my lip. Now or never I guess.

"Ross, t-there's something I have to tell you.."

He nods slowly and sits beside me. "Is everything okay Jas?"

I look down and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. "Not- not really, I um... I-I got an acceptance letter into the University of Florida."

Ross smiled widely, a reaction I wasn't expecting. "Babe! That's fantastic! Why are you acting so sad about it?"

I frown and hold his hand tightly. "I um, I have to leave to Florida in a few days, I'll be attending college across the country..." My voice got quieter and the tears fell quicker.

I look up at Ross who held a sad expression.

He hugged me and my arms instantly went around his neck.

"Babe, t-there's something I have to tell you. Um, R5 got a year around world tour, after New Years."

I pull back slowly and look in his eyes.

"W-what? That's a good thing Ross." I try to smile but fail as more tears clouded my vision.

"I'm so proud of you, but I'm so sad at the same time. I don't want you leaving for a year, does that make me a bad girlfriend?"

Ross shook his head. "Of course not baby, I understand. I'm so proud of you getting that letter but I don't want you going away to college, I wanted you to go on this tour with us."

I bit my lip and stood up. "We don't have much time together this year Ross, let's go back to the party and make it count."

He nods and stands up, grabbing my had and leading me back to where everyone was.

Rocky and Andi walked up to us. "Did you-"

I nod at Rocky "Yeah, I also found out you guys have a tour for a year."

"Yeah, this is going to be hard but let's not start the New Years off by moping, let's party!"

We laugh and go to the rest of people who were now counting down.

"10!"

Ross holds my hands and stares at me.

"9!"

He smiles at me.

"8!"

He brings my hand to his lips and kisses it.

"7!"

He leans closer to me.

"6!"

He cups my neck with one hand.

"5!"

I stand closer.

"4!"

He slowly closes his eyes.

"3!"

I close mine.

"2!"

I feel his breath in my fan over my face.

"1!"

His lips graze mine.

"Happy New Year!"

We kiss. And it was the best feeling ever.

I smile into the kiss and pull back slightly. "Happy New Year Rossy."

He chuckles and pecks my lips.

"Happy New Year my love." I smile and hug him.

Every one around us cheers but we only focus on each other.