Chapter 4

Latios was flying fast and powerfully and Latias was keeping up with her brother's speed. Ash found that he quite liked flying through the air on Latios. He liked walking better, but flying around was a very close second. Soon the sun began setting and not long after that night time came.

'How much longer until we get there' Latios asked starting to feel a little tired.

Ash looked at the map that Brock had given him, "According to the map Brock gave me we should have this last mountain to fly over before we reach Silver Town." Latios put in an extra boost of speed because he wanted to get there quickly and go to sleep. Soon they ascended the mountain and flew over it to see the bright lights of Sliver Town. "There it is... Silver Town" Ash said "Latios land down in that forest clearing right over there." Latios did as told and landed down in the area. Ash hopped off as Latias landed down next to them. "Good job Latios take a nice long rest" Ash said petting the tired dragon. "I'll go and register myself real quick. You two stay here and rest, go the sleep. Whatever you want, but if someone comes along make sure to turn invisible so no one can see you." Both Pokémon nodded as Ash turned and left the area with Pikachu riding on his shoulder.

After a little while of searching Ash managed to find the Pokémon center. After walking in side ash immediately went to the front desk and Nurse Joy came up, "Hello," she greeted friendly. "Are you here to get your Pokémon healed or to register for the Silver Conference?"

"The Silver Conference" Ash answered.

"Okay, I just need to see your Pokedex and eight badges for authenticity" she said. Ash handed over his Pokedex and after that he pulled out his badge case and presented it to Nurse Joy. She looked at the Pokedex and scanned Ash's I.D. and then turned to check his badges. All eight badges were authentic. It was standard precaution techniques since you wouldn't believe how many trainers, in the past, would try and enter the Johto League with fake badges and false I.D. "Okay everything is in order. You are all registered for the Johto League. Be at the main stadium by noon in three weeks on Saturday for the main announcement and good luck."

"Thank you" Ash said and left the Pokémon center. He travelled back to the forest area and saw Latios resting on the ground with Latias about to fall asleep with her brother. Ash smiled at the sight and heard Pikachu yawn from his shoulder. 'C'mon buddy let's get some rest. We've got a big day tomorrow" Ash said. Pikachu hopped down and cuddled up next to Latios' warm feathers.

Ash pulled out his sleeping bag and rolled it out in the middle in between them. As Ash climbed into the sleeping bag he turned his head one last time to see Latias asleep and cuddling her head next to her brothers making Ash smile. Ash spent a little while just staring at the sky and the stars thinking about his upcoming battles in the Silver Conference before he let sleep consume him.

The next morning came bright and quick and Ash woke up to the feeling of being pushed slightly and a light squeal met his ears. Opening his eyes Ash saw Latias rubbing her face against his cheek. Ash chuckled and sat up rubbing Latias affectionately. "Thanks Latias. You're much nicer to be woken up by then Pikachu." A thunderbolt then struck Ash frying him slightly and when it stopped he was sizzling, "Okay I guess I deserved that one" he muttered before falling back. Latias looked over to see Pikachu laughing and Latios struggling not to laugh as well.

"Pikachu, that wasn't very nice" Latias said in POKESPEECH.

"What" Pikachu said looking innocent. "He even said it himself that he deserved it."

"He is right sis" Latios said.

"Still, it wasn't nice" she said.

Recovering from his electric shock Ash sat up and began putting his stuff away. Once he finished he quickly pulled out three more Pokeballs and released Noctowl, Bayleef and Quilava. "Alright everyone" Ash said clapping his hands together getting their attention. "We made it. Thanks to all of you we got all Eight Badges and qualified for the Johto League." All six Pokémon gave off cheers. "Now we've got three weeks to train for the Silver conference so let's get to work." The Pokémon gave off more cheers and they all got to work.