Chapter 7

"Hello Ash" Lorenzo said shaking hands with him.

Bianca pulled Ash into a hug. Surprised for a second Ash hugged back smiling. "I see you've kept your promise" she said. "Latios has defiantly become a lot stronger."

Ash nodded, "Latios trained until he dropped to become stronger. I don't think I could ever be more proud of him."

"What about Latias" Bianca asked.

"She's gotten a lot stronger as well" Ash said. "I'm saving Latias for as long as possible. Everyone now knows that I have a Latios so they'll try and focus on a way to take it out. Then I'll have Latias as a backup to surprise my opponent."

Misty stared at Ash for a few seconds "That was very clever of you Ash.

Ash shrugged smiling, "It's been known to happen." That got all of them laughing. "So Bianca did you and Lorenzo come all the way out here from Altomare to see me battle?"

"Of course" Bianca said "Plus I really wanted to see both of them again. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that they're not in the garden anymore" Bianca said her tone going sad. Lorenzo put a hand on his granddaughter's shoulder.

Ash also looked a little sad, but he brightened up, "Well I do have a few days until my next match so you guys can spend all the time you want catching up with Latios and Latias." Bianca and Lorenzo wholeheartedly agreed. "C'mon, let's go back to the Hotel" Ash said brightly. The others nodded and they went back to the Hotel Room. "Alright, Latios, Latias, come on out" Ash said and released both of them. "Hey guys, Lorenzo and Bianca stopped by to watch our battles."

Latias was immediately by Bianca and nuzzling her affectionately while cooing happily. Bianca laughed slightly, "I missed you to Latias" she said hugging the female dragon. Separating from Latias Bianca turned towards Latios, who floated down in front of her, "I missed you too Latios." Latios nuzzled her softly as Bianca hugged Latios tightly while a small tear ran down her eye. Ash and the others smiled at the reunion.

They spent the rest of the night catching up with each other until they went to bed. Latios and Latias slept outside the Pokeballs with Lorenzo and Bianca like they use to. Ash found that he couldn't sleep so he got up, put his hat and shoes on and went outside to the lake to clear his head. When he got there he saw someone else already sitting by the lake, it was Gary. "Gary" Ash called out.

Gary turned to Ash and smiled slightly, "Hey Ash, what are you doing out so late?"

Ash was surprised that Gary didn't use the little pet name Ashy-boy, but he wasn't going to question it, "I couldn't sleep" Ash said, "What about you? You having trouble sleeping too?"

Gary nodded as they both sat down by the river, "I'm been thinking about our match today. It was awesome and you were awesome as well. That battle was the best battle of my life and I don't even feel bad that I lost. Even though I lost it feels like I've gotten a lot stronger."

Ash grinned, "Really? Because it feels like I got a whole lot stronger by battling you too."

Gary nodded, "I'll be cheering you on in your next match up in the stands." Gary held his hand out and Ash took it and they shook hands as equals. Gary then reached into his pocket and pulled out the other half of the rusty Pokeball and put it in Ash's hand. "Take it; you've earned it after the victory today."

"Thanks Gary" Ash said happy to have his old friend back even though they were still rivals.

"By the way after your next match" Gary began as he started to walk away. He turned and smiled at Ash, "You have got to tell me what that mystery Pokémon of yours was so next time we battle I can defeat it."