Chapter 19

Seven months had now passed since Ash had gotten home from the Hoenn Region and he had trained his Pokémon for the two weeks that Scott had given him. After the two week mark Ash had been contacted and he got all the information he needed on the Battle Frontier.

Ash then set off on another journey across the Kanto Region, but this time he was collecting Frontier Symbols instead of Badges. The first facility Ash went to was the Battle Factory lead by Noland. Noland was a very laid back guy, but was very talented when it came to battling. He had a lot of Pokémon and the rules were that he'd let Ash choose which Pokémon he wanted to battle with. Ash looked around before he spotted and Articuno and he was shocked since he never met anyone else to have a Legendary except him. Ash immediately chose to battle Articuno.

Noland informed Ash that Articuno was a wild Pokémon and that it was a personal friend of Noland, but it battled with him loyally. Ash sent out Moltres to battle against it. It was a rough battle seeing two of the Three Legendary Birds battle with each other. In the end a powerful fire blast sent Articuno down giving Ash the victory. With his win Noland awarded Ash the Knowledge Symbol.

After that Ash moved onto the next location of the battle frontier area. The next area he found was the Battle Arena led by Arena Tycoon Greta. She was a tough tomboyish girl who trained in karate and specialized in fighting Pokémon. She was also very spirited and wished to battle Ash the moment she saw him. To determine how many Pokémon they would use she spun a wheel and whatever number it landed on would determine how many Pokémon they would use. It stopped and landed on a number 2 meaning they would use two Pokémon.

Greta sent out her Hariyama first and Ash chose Grovyle. It was a touch and go battle for a while, but Ash managed to defeat her Hariyama and Grovyle evolved into Sceptile because of it. Sceptile put up a good fight against her second Pokémon, a Medicham, but it lost so Ash used his Corphish for the next match and managed to win it. At the end Greta proudly awarded him with the Guts Symbol.

The third battle was against the Dome Ace Tucker. Tucker dressed like a frilly superstar, but he was an amazing battler. Ash and Tucker battled in a double battle in front of many fans of Tucker. Tucker used and Arcanine and a Swampert while Ash went with his favourite battling duo Latios and Latias. It was a great match as each one of them used better tactics back and forth against each other, but in the end a well placed Dragon Rush and Dragon Pulse took them both out and Tucker awarded Ash with the Tactics Symbol.

The fourth battle was against Pike Queen Lucy. She was a beautiful woman who specialized in a lot of serpentine Pokémon. When Ash got there the Battle Pike was closed that particular day, but she let Ash in anyway and their battle was quite hectic as she used a Seviper and a Milotic. Ash battled back with his Deoxys and Sceptile. Sceptile faced off against her Seviper and managed to defeat it with a powerful leaf blade and leaf storm combination. Her Milotic defeated it soon after and then her Milotic was defeated by Ash's Deoxys. Lucy gladly awarded Ash the Luck Symbol and then said she had to leave to go and meet with her boyfriend. Ash waved goodbye and wondered who she was with. (A/N: Foreshadowing: D)

The fifth battle was at the Battle Palace with an old guy known as Palace Maven Spenser. Spenser was a very tough opponent and his Venusaur, Shiftry and Claydol were proof of that. Ash used Suicune and managed to take out Spenser's Claydol, but it lost to his Shiftry. Ash sent out Moltres to combat against the Shiftry and managed to defeat it, but Spenser's Venusaur was something else as it managed to defeat Moltres while only having access to the ground. Ash finally ended it when he sent out Sceptile. Sceptile managed to end it with a newly learned Solar Beam and Spenser awarded Ash with the Spirits Symbol.

The sixth Battle was against the youngest of the Frontier Brains known as Salon Maiden Annabel. Annabel was a young girl about Ash's age with short purple hair and purple eyes. She was something else in battle as she had the empathetic ability to read a Pokémon's emotions and communicate with it telepathically. That gave Ash some trouble so he used Mew, Latias and Latios against her Alakazam, Metagross and Espeon. This one was a battle of minds as Ash could also communicate with only his psychic Legendary Pokémon telepathically, but in the end Ash almost lost to Annabel, and barely managed to defeat her with Latios' luster purge attack. Ash was awarded the Ability Symbol from Annabel who blushed the whole way while doing so. Ash had smiled and thanked her before Scott showed up and told Ash the secret location of the seventh Facility. It was located on the outskirts of Pewter City so that's' where Ash was going.