Chapter 13

A few days had passed and our heroes were travelling along the path towards Rustburo City. Rounding one last corner they saw the city, "There it is Rustburo City" Ash said as he gazed out into the city.

"Wow" Max said impressed gazing around.

"Now to find the Leader of the Rustburo Gym" Ash said determined, "Ready Pikachu?"

"Pika" Pikachu responded confidently.

Far behind them there were two individuals watching them closely. One of them was shaped like a large majestic beast with a long, flowing purple mane and blue fur with, what looked like, ribbons flowing off its body in the wind. The second was a larger whale-like creature with red lines going throughout its body with large wings. It was the Legendary Suicune and Kyogre.

"Are you really intent on doing this Kyogre" Suicune asked with a feminine voice.

Kyogre seemed to grunt, "Of course I am. A mere human controlling Legendaries such as us... disgraceful. I will engage this human in battle and once I win I shall free the others that he has caught."

Suicune seemed to sigh "You do know what will happen if you lose?"

"Yes, yes I know" Kyogre responded impatiently. "Why are you here anyway? When Arceus informed us of what transpired you didn't seem to be objecting at all."

"Because I have met Ash before and have seen his mind and heart" Suicune said. "I have always searched for a trainer with a magnificently pure heart and I have never found one until him."

"Are you saying that you would willingly become his Pokémon" Kyogre asked in a deadly voice.

"And what if I did" Suicune responded narrowing its eyes at Kyogre.

"Then next time we meet we will be enemies" Kyogre said before disappearing. Suicune looked at the spot where Kyogre was before turning back and staring as Ash and his companions walked towards Rustburo city smiling and talking with each other.

The three of them were now sitting in a small area after getting some lunch. "So Ash what kind of Pokémon are you gonna use in your gym battle" Max asked.

Ash pulled out a little booklet on the Hoenn Region gyms that Brock had gave him before he left, "Well it says here that the Gym Leader is called Roxanne and she uses rock type Pokémon."

"Your Treeko would do well in a match against rock type Pokémon" Max commented. On their way out of Pettleburg Forest they ended up being surrounded by a bunch of Taillow that smelt the food they were eating. Ash managed to fend them all off using Pikachu's thunderbolt, but the leader of the Taillow stayed behind and continued to fight. That Taillow took about ten thunderbolts and still continued to fight to the shock and amazement of everyone else. Finally a well placed quick attack sent it down.

Then when they were almost out they ran into a Treeko that was being exiled from its pack for standing up against the eldest Treeko. Ash ended up battling the Treeko with Latios and the battle was rather one sided, but Treeko refused to give up even though Latios was clearly not even trying. After Latios knocked it away with a Steel Wing was when Ash recalled Latios and walked up to Treeko.

Ash had bent down next to Treeko, "I see it in your eyes" Ash whispered to Treeko "You want to be stronger. Come with me Treeko and I can make you stronger. You're a great Pokémon and a great friend and friends always help each other out." Treeko was touched by Ash's kindness and went with Ash willingly.

Back to the present Ash shook his head, "No I'm going to wait before using Treeko until I've trained him some more. I think I'll stick with Latios and Darkrai. What about you May, what are you gonna do?"