Chapter 21

"C'mon Dawn" Ash called. Dawn came up and followed Ash and Cynthia to the Pokémon center. "So Cynthia what are you doing here in Hearthrome City?"

"I was checking out the old ruins near Amity Square" Cynthia answered. "It depicts part of the old legends of Dialga and Palkia."

"Dialga and Palkia" Dawn asked confused.

"They are ancient Legendary Pokémon" Cynthia said. "Palkia has the ability to control space while Dialga has the power to control time. It was said that they have been around since the time before Sinnoh was ever created." They all got to the Pokémon center quickly and Ash handed over their Darkrai and Spiritomb respectively. While waiting Ash and Dawn talked about some random things while Cynthia found herself staring at Ash. Cynthia was then reminded of the conversation with Mr. Goodshow a few months ago.

FLASHBACK

Cynthia along with every other Champion and member of the Elite Four were all gathered on Lily of the Valley Island for some kind of important meeting that was called by Mr. Goodshow. From Johto were Lance, Agatha, Bruno, Will and Lorelei; from Hoenn were Steven, Drake, Glacia, Phoebe, and Sidney; from Sinnoh, were Cynthia, Lucian, Flint, Bertha and Aaron and from Unova were Alder, Marshal, Caitlin, Grimsley and Shauntal.

"I wonder what Mr. Goodshow called us here for" Alder said wandering around the main stadium.

"He hasn't called us all here since Cynthia was made Champion" Lance added. "By the way how's your Garchomp Cynthia?"

"Good Lance, thanks for asking" Cynthia answered "What about your Dragonite?"

"Still as strong as can be" Lance grinned slightly.

Cynthia smiled "Good I hope to battle it one day."

"How's your Dusclops Phoebe" Agatha asked the scantly glad beauty.

"Super" Phoebe grinned "And this time I plan on taking down that Gengar of yours. What about you Shauntal? How's that Chandelure of yours doing?"

"Fine thank you" Shauntal said shyly.

"Phoebe seems as fired up as usual eh Sidney" Grimsley said chuckling slightly.

"You have no idea" Sidney muttered.

"How's your team coming along Marshal" Bruno asked.

"Very good Bruno" Marshal answered. "By the end of the month I should have them as fast as they are strong."

"Mr. Goodshow is here everyone" Steven called out getting their attention. It's true as the little man in charge of the Pokémon League appeared walking into the stadium.

"Good afternoon everyone" Mr. Goodshow greeted "Thank you for all coming here on short notice, especially you five; Alder, Marshal, Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal. I know how long the flight from Unova is."

"It's not that bad if you can book an early enough flight" Caitlin said.

Mr. Goodshow laughed "Anyway now that we're all here I'd like to get down to business on why I called you all here. For too long the five regions have been incomplete."

"What do you mean by that Mr. Goodshow" Aaron, the Bug specialist asked.

"I mean I think it's about time we construct an independent Kanto Elite Four and Champion" Mr. Goodshow said making the others look at him in surprise.

"If I recall we never formed one because there have never been any trainers that could qualify for it right" Will asked making Mr. Goodshow nod. "Then that must mean you've found someone who fits the requirements?"