Chapter 6

"Professor Oak, Professor Elm, mom" Ash called out as he walked up to the three. "What are you all doing here?"

"We came to see you battle in the Championship tournament of course" Delia said hugging her son. "We saw yours and Gary's match on T.V. and we came to watch your battles.

"According to Tracey" Professor Oak began. "You and Gary are the talk of the town back home. Everyone is looking forward to watching the two of you battle. Speaking of battle we should probably head to the main area as the matchups are sure to come up soon."

"Yeah," Ash said. He pulled out two Pokeballs, "Sorry guys, Latios, Latias return." Two red beams shot out and connected with the two invisible Eon Dragons.

"So my computer wasn't fooling me" Professor Oak said slightly awed as he had only caught a glimpse of the two Pokémon Ash just recalled. Beside him Professor Elm was a little wide eyed. "You do have the Legendary Latios and Latias."

Ash nodded, "Yep and with them on my side I'm gonna win. I haven't used them yet in battle because I was saving them for the Victory tournament."

"Well I can't wait to see them in battle" Professor Elm said excited. "It's every Pokémon professors dream to see a Legendary in battle."

Inside the area by the stadium were the sixteen trainers that had managed to pass the Robin-Round matchups. As they entered Professor Oak and Professor Elm walked off towards Mr. Goodshow to see if they could help with anything. Ash looked up at the screen that showed the sixteen trainers that managed to pass. As to be expected Gary's picture up there and soon he found his own picture as well.

"Hey look, Harrison passed as well" Brock pointed at one of the pictures. Ash looked up and saw a picture of an older trainer with brown hair that was slightly spiked at the top wearing a red and blue shirt. Harrison was a trainer that Ash met when the lighting of the torch was going to take place. A troublesome Sneasel was causing problems and it was Harrison who used a new Pokémon from the Hoenn region called a Blaziken to defeat it and capture it. Harrison was also the one that told Ash about the Hoenn region and all the Pokémon that were I the region that Ash had never seen before.

"Awesome" Ash said when he saw Harrison's picture.

"Hey Ashy-boy" Gary greeted with a wave walking up to him.

"Hey Gary" Ash said in a dry voice. Gary merely chuckled quietly at Ash's dry voice and turned to the screen to wait for the matchups to be posted.

After a few moments of waiting Mr. Goodshow stepped up and began speaking, "Attention all remaining trainers of the Silver Conference. Congratulations to all to the sixteen of you who have made it past the Athlete Division and the Robin-Round Division. Now the Championship tournament begins" Mr. Goodshow announced and most of the trainers let out whoops of joy. "The tournament is a full six on six elimination match. The first trainer to lose all six Pokémon will be knocked out of the competition and the winner will move onto the next round. The matches will be played on either a grass, ice, rock, or water field. When one trainer loses three of their six Pokémon there will be a five minute break for the trainers to rest and think up strategies. Now without further ado the computer will now mix up the remaining trainers and randomly select which trainer you will battle and in what round the battle will take place in."

With his little speech done Mr. Goodshow turned to the big screen that everyone in the room could see and pressed a button. The screen went dark for a second before it lit back up and the pictured began flashing around until it stopped and revealed the final matches.

"Look, Harrison's in the first match" Misty said. Ash looked and indeed Harrison was in the first round.

"He's going to win his match" Ash said. "I'm sure of it. Now where am I?" Ash scanned the one next to him and his blood went cold and his eyes widened. Ash was in the second match and it was against Gary. Professor Oak and Delia's eyes widened at this. Misty and Brock looked worriedly between Ash and Gary. Ash turned to look at Gary just as Gary turned to look at him. Ash could have sworn he saw a flicker of surprise in Gary's eyes, but he dismissed it. Ash chuckled slightly, "Well Gary, looks like you're leaving the tournament so soon. I gotta say I feel a little bad for you."