Chapter 20

Ash had returned home after his battle with Brandon, but he did a few things with his friends first. Brock and Lucy returned to Pewter city after saying goodbye to everyone. Ash, May and Max went to the sight of the Kanto Grand Festival at the Indigo Plateau.

May was much better this time as she easily made it into the Top 64 and then ascended to the Top Sixteen having to battle Harley first, which she beat easily, causing him to have a temper tantrum.

Then in the Top Eight May had to face Drew again and this one was tough as Drew's Absol was a very strong Pokémon, but in the end she managed to keep just enough points to defeat him. She was once again in the Top 4, but then May had to face an opponent she hoped she wouldn't have to face until the finals.

She was facing Solidad.

This battle was the toughest ever that May had to go through since Solidad was using her Slowbro and her Pidgeot. May was using her fully evolved Blaziken and her Glaceon. A fire and an ice type was a perfect combination for her. That battle was one of the roughest ones in contest history as both sides were taking massive amounts of damage. Finally the timer wore out and everyone looked towards the screen to see who had won.

It was... May winning by .5 points. May, herself couldn't believe that she actually won, but when the announcer shouted that she had won and would be moving onto the finals she broke into a wide smile and jumped for joy.

Solidad, herself, smiled despite her loss and congratulated May for winning and thanked her for a good battle. Later that day May fought against the last coordinator who used a Hitmonlee and a Hitmonchan.

Compared to Solidad this guy wasn't even a challenge as May actually knocked out both of his Pokémon before time ran out making her the winner of the Kanto Grand Festival. As May was presented with the Ribbon cup the crowd cheered loudly for her with Max and Ash clapping the loudest of them all.

Finally Ash made good on his promise and had a battle with Max before he and May went back to Hoenn. "We'll have a one on one battle, how does that sound Max" Ash asked.

"Fine with me" Max said and pulled out a Pokeball while Ash stood there.

"Max I'll give you choices, which of my Pokémon do you want to battle" Ash asked.

"Okay I choose Deoxys" Max said confidently. Ash smiled and released his Deoxys who appeared in a flash. "For my choice I choose Gallade" Max cried released the fully evolved form of the male Kirlia.

Ash smiled "So am I right in guessing that that's the same Ralts we found back in Hoenn?"

"Yeah" Max said. "I kept a promise to Ralts to come back for it when I became a Pokémon trainer and I did." Gallade turned and smirked back at Max "And now it's time for us to battle. Gallade furry cutter" Max cried. Gallade charged forward with its arms glowing intending on doing damage to Deoxys.

'Deoxys defense form' Ash thought. Deoxys changed to its defense form and Gallade's attack hit, but was doing very minimal damage to it 'Now iron head' Ash thought. Deoxys surrounded itself in silver energy and charged at Gallade hitting it hard and sending it flying, but it flipped in mid air and landed on its feet.

"Gallade he's communicating with Deoxys mentally" Max called. "We're strong and we've trained hard for a chance to be able to challenge Ash. Now use psycho cut" Max called. Gallade's arm glowed and it charged at Deoxys and this time landed a successful blow to it making Deoxys wince in slight pain.

'Go speed form and use extreme speed' Ash thought. Deoxys changed to its speed form and began charging around Gallade moving so fast that all there was were blurs making it look like it was double team instead of extreme speed.