Chapter 3

The next morning the ferry docked at Blackthorn city. Ash had some trouble waking up, but a quick thunder shock from Pikachu fixed that problem and after straightening himself out from the thunderbolt and regaining control of his limbs when the paralysis wore off they departed from the ferry.

"So this is Blackthorn City" Ash said looking around. "I can't wait to find the gym and challenge the gym leader." Ash was about to take off running when Misty grabbed the back of his vest and the amount of momentum he built up was too much for him to sustain so he fell flat on the ground. Quicker than a Pikachu on agility high Ash jumped up and rounded on Misty, "What'd you do that for?"

"You don't even know which kind of Pokémon the Blackthorn Gym uses and you still go and charge recklessly into a battle" Misty said.

"Oh yeah" Ash said sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. Brock, Misty and Pikachu sweat dropped. "Brock, what kind of Pokémon does the gym leader use here?"

Brock pulled out his guide, "It says here that the Gym Leaders name is Clair and that she specializes in Dragon type Pokémon." Ash grinned widely when he heard that. Dragon Pokémon always meant that there would be a challenge. "Well Ash I recommend taking a while to train Latios and Latias to fight Clair since they're both dragon type so they should prove a formidable challenge to Clair."

"That's a good idea" Ash said. "Okay Pikachu, we've got some training to do" he said. Pikachu nodded and before the other two could react Ash sprinted down the docks and into the city. In less than ten seconds they lost sight of him.

"What's the rush" Misty sighed after he was gone.

Brock merely laughed, "Misty he just got two very rare Pokémon in his arsenal. I'm surprised he even waited this long to start training them."

"I know" Misty said. "Hopefully Ash isn't dense enough to train them out in the open where everyone can see them."

"Nah I don't think he would do that" Brock said. "Ash only likes showing off in battles, but when he does his special training, like this, he likes to do that privately so no one can see what he plans." Misty nodded in acceptance. "We'll give him a few hours on his own and then we'll go looking for him."

Ash finally came to a stop in a small forest clearing on the edge of the city that over looked the water. "Alright this is a good spot" Ash said. Pulling out three Pokeballs he tossed them into the air, "C'mon out" he called. Out came three of Ash's Pokémon, His Cyndaquil, his Bayleef and his Noctowl. All gave them the usual greeting. Cyndaquil with a wave and a small squeak, Noctowl with a small hoot. Bayleef's was the funniest as she tackled Ash and nuzzled his face making him laugh. "I'm glad to see you too Bayleef" he said as he stood up. "Well guy's we're on the eve of earning our final badge and we've got about a week left to train for it."

Cyndaquil looked confused and turned to Pikachu (Why is he training us? Usually we go to the gym straight away) Cyndaquil said confused.

(Wait and see, it's gonna be good) Pikachu said mysteriously making Cyndaquil look at him confused.

"We've also got two new members to the team to introduce and all of us are going to help them train to their full potential" Ash said. "But it won't just be them it'll be all of you as well as we push each other to our limits to win that badge and then win the Silver Conference." All of Ash's Pokémon gave shouts of approval. "Alright, let me introduce you guys to the new members of the team" Ash said as he pulled out his last two Pokeballs. "Okay guys come on out" he said.

The two Pokeballs flew into the air and out came Latios and Latias with two cries. Cyndaquil, Noctowl, and Bayleef all had their eyes wide as they stared at the two Legendary Eon Pokémon. Pikachu smirked when he saw their reactions, (Told you so) he said to Cyndaquil.