Chapter 22

"Ash are we almost there" Dawn cried as they flew through the air. "I really would like to walk on the ground, please."

Ash laughed "Aw c'mon Dawn where's your sense of daring. This is fun." Both of them were currently riding on top of a massive Pokémon with a grey centipede like body with three gold-half rings circling its neck with two black ragged wings with, what looked like, red claws on them, a short tail and six short, thick legs. "Besides Giratina likes to stretch its wings instead of being trapping inside a Pokeball all day, right Giratina" Ash asked patting Giratina softly Giratina roared in agreement and in response took off faster making Dawn scream and Ash to let a whoop of enjoyment.

You see it all happened a couple months ago.

FLASHBACK

Ash and Dawn were in a secluded area where Ash was training Dialga and Palkia to see what he should improve them on. Currently he had a lot of work to do since all they knew was their signature moves. "Okay you two first we got to work on your defense. A good offense is only as good as a good defense" Ash said.

'Ok' they both said telepathically. 'So how do we do that' Palkia asked.

Ash smirked unclipping the Pokeball from around his neck and pulling another one from his belt. He threw them in the air and Latios and Darkrai appeared in a flash "Latios and Darkrai are going to keep on firing Luster Purge and Dark Pulse at both of you until you both learn how to defend yourself against it and not just dodge it."

'Oh great' Dialga groaned as Darkrai and Latios formed their attacks. While that happened Ash walked over to Dawn and sat down.

"Wow you sure are a slave driver Ash" Dawn said.

Ash chuckled, "Maybe I am, but the results of my so called 'slave driving' really work don't they?"

Dawn giggled "Yeah they do. By the way how's that other little Pokémon you got? Is it doing any better?"

"I don't know" Ash said pulling out another Pokeball. He opened it and a small hedgehog like Pokémon appeared. It had green fir on top of its body and a white body with little flowers on the side of its head.

"Shaymin" the little Pokémon said brightly.

"Hey Shaymin you feeling ok" Ash asked. Shaymin jumped into Ash's arms and snuggled into him making him laugh. Ash found Shaymin when it was being bullied by some remnants of Team Galactic as they were trying to capture a Legendary to free Cyrus and the others. Ash put an end to that quickly, got Shaymin to the Pokémon Center and in the end got his first Grass Type Legendary Pokémon.

Twenty minutes later Ash got up and went over to the others. Ash looked to see Palkia had gotten down the Safeguard move down as it clearly defended itself from Darkrai's Dark Pulse. Dialga was moving a little bit slower than Palkia as it was still dodging Latios' attack.

"Alright let's stop for now" Ash called. Immediately everyone stopped what they were doing "It's lunch time now" Ash called. However as soon as Ash said that something happened; a distortion in space and time happened and a portal opened. "What the heck" Ash shouted.

There was a loud roaring sound 'Palkia... Dialga' was heard by all the Pokémon.

'It can't be' Latios said wide eyed.

'But how... how's it possible' Darkrai said backing up slightly.

'Giratina' Dialga and Palkia said gravely. Then out of the portal came Giratina in all of its glory roaring loudly in anger.

'You two' Giratina roared 'Do you have any idea what you two have done? By your clash you have disrupted the balance of my world.'

"Latios what's' going on" Ash asked frightful of Giratina's rage. Latios repeated what Giratina just said. "That's not fair. Dialga and Palkia were under control." Ash ran in front of Dialga and Palkia as Giratina was going to attack. Giratina stopped its attack seeing Ash in front of it.