Chapter 14

Chapter 14 Eusine and the Gym Battle

Two months had now passed since the battle at Dewford City. The battle with Kyogre was so intense that the beach was shut down for almost a month after the battle since it suffered extensive and massive damage. The word of what happened has spread around quickly to almost all of Hoenn that some trainer battled Kyogre on the beaches of Dewford town and defeated it with a Suicune. Only Brawly, May and Max knew that it was Ash because Ash told them while the rest of Hoenn didn't know the exact identity of the one who did it.

Naturally Team Aqua was not very happy to learn about this. They had been trying to catch Kyogre for years and to find that someone else had captured it was infuriating to them. Their rivals, Team Magma, were quite happy and resolved to thank this trainer who caught Kyogre.

In Ecruteak City in the Johto Region Morty, the Gym Leader of the city, had just finished another Gym battle and had defeated the trainer. The kid had a lot of spunk and determination, but his skills could use some sharpening. 'Reminds me of Ash' Morty thought with a smile. 'I wonder how Ash is doing anyway.'

"Morty you there" a voice called. Morty turned to see his friend, Eusine, enter the gym. "Any problems at all with the tower?"

"Nope, everything is still fine" Morty replied. "How are you doing? Any luck on your recent Suicune hunt?"

Eusine closed his eyes, "Nothing... not since that one time over a year ago."

"Not since Ash was here eh" Morty mused. "I wonder how he's doing now-a-days. He did win the Silver Conference you know."

Eusine looked surprised, "Really... at his age. That's quite an accomplishment. I never saw his battles so I wonder how he did."

"Unfortunately I couldn't see them either since I was busy, but I did here rumors about what happened" Morty said. He took on a serious tone. "The rumor is that Ash was in possession of Two Legendary Pokémon."

Now Eusine's eyes were wide as he stared at his friend, "What... how is that possible? Do you know which ones?"

Morty nodded, "Yeah it's said that they're two Pokémon that are native to Hoenn; the Eon Duo Latios and Latias. You and I both know that it's incredibly hard to find one of them, but to find both is unheard of."

"Indeed" Eusine said with a contemplated look on his face. He was about to speak again when the T.V. in the room gave of a special report.

"We interrupt for a breaking announcement" the reporter said making Morty and Eusine look at the T.V. "News has just come to us from Dewford City in the Hoenn region. What started out as a normal day quickly turned into a near disaster. As two months ago the Legendary Pokémon of the sea, Kyogre appeared on the beaches and did battle with a trainer."

"A Kyogre" Morty said shocked. Eusine's eyes were wide as he stared at the screen.

"All we know is that Kyogre ended up doing battle with a trainer on the beach" the reporter said. "The battle raged on for about an hour in which the trainer used Suicune to battle Kyogre."

"SUICUNE" Eusine shouted shocked.

"In the end the trainer managed to defeat Kyogre and the storm ceased" the reporter said. "We have no confirmed identity of the trainer who defeated Kyogre as the only one who witnessed the trainer was the Dewford Gym Leader who declined to tell us who it was. But from eye witness accounts we have found out that the trainer looked relatively young, wears a red hat, has black hair and is said to be carrying a Pikachu on his shoulder. This boy also seems to be travelling with two other companions. That's all the info we have right now on the subject."