Chapter 23

One month had now passed and the Lily of the Valley Conference was getting underway. The stadium was beautiful and there were many trainers around. Ash found himself wandering around the island alone after registering and giving Dawn the key to their room leaving Ash to take some time to wander.

"So it's you again" a very familiar voice said. Ash stiffened and clenched his fists and turned around to see the very person who almost stole Latios when he got to Hoenn.

"Sid" Ash growled.

"Now what's with the hostile look Ash" Sid asked pleasantly "Surely you can't still be mad about Hoenn?"

"You nearly stole Latios and tried to steal my other Pokémon in Sootopolis City" Ash growled "So of course I'm still mad."

Sid merely chuckled "Well save your hostilities for the competition Ash. I may not be able to beat you in a battle, but my brother Tobias is more than a match for you."

"Well we'll just have to see won't we" Ash responded.

"Yes we will" Sid said before turning around. He stopped for a second "I think it's only fair to warn you right now. If you try to go against Tobias with anything other than Legendary Pokémon... he will defeat you." Sid then disappeared into the crowds. Ash was silent for a few seconds just standing in the same place before walking off.

The next day came and it officially started the Lily of the Valley Conference. The preliminary matches had been going on all day with many trainers being defeated and many trainers moving on. Ash was forced to face Nando in the first match. Nando was a very nice guy Ash met when he first started his Sinnoh Journey. He was both a coordinator and a trainer and he was tough, but in this match Ash was showing he was tougher.

"Well folks it looks like this match is coming into a wrap up" the announcer shouted. "Currently Nando has lost two Pokémon; his Roserade and his Armaldo while Ash has only used his Garchomp." Yep during the month of training Ash's Gabite finally evolved into Garchomp making it a pretty powerful Pokémon. "Now Nando only has one Pokémon left to use against Ash."

"Kricketune let's go" Nando called sending out his final Pokémon. "Kricketune use x-scissor." Kricketune's arms glowed and charged at Garchomp. Garchomp smirked and simply met its clash with the fin on its arms.

"Garchomp brick break let's go" Ash called. Garchomp's spare fin glowed and it hit Kricketune hard sending it flying back.

"Hang in there Kricketune now use furry cutter" Nando called. Kricketune shot back up and charged at Garchomp and began slashing at it as hard and as fast as it could. Garchomp simply blocked them all with its fins looking like it was bored.

"Sorry Nando, but your Kricketune isn't strong enough to penetrate my Garchomp's defense" Ash said. "Garchomp toss Kricketune." Garchomp grabbed Kricketune's claw as it tried to hit him and threw it back through the air "Now dragon rush" Ash called. Garchomp gained a sapphire blue glow around it and charged at Kricketune in mid air and hit it hard.

"Kricketune no" Nando cried. Kricketune fell out of air and onto the ground out cold with swirls in its eyes.

The ref raised the green flag "Kricketune is unable to battle; Garchomp is the winner. All three of Nando's Pokémon have been eliminated so the winner is Ash." On the main screen Nando's picture was eliminated and Ash's picture remained on there with 'Winner' underneath it.

The crowd cheered as Ash walked over and shook hands with Nando and they congratulated each other on a good match.

SCENE CHANGE