Chapter 12

Lunch had ended quickly and now they were all inside the main gym battle area ready to begin the match. Ash and Norman were on their separate sides on the field while Caroline, May and Max were on an available bench on the side. "Now we'll get to see just how good Ash really is" Caroline commented.

"Okay Vigoroth, I choose you" Normal called sending out a massive ape shaped Pokémon with sharp claws, long arms and a tuff of red hair on its head shaped like a flame.

"A Vigoroth" Ash commented pulling out his Pokedex.

The mechanical voice spoke, "Vigoroth, the wild monkey Pokémon. Vigoroth is only comfortable going berserk, will destroy anything in its path by spinning both arms and goes more berserk when done." Vigoroth raised its sharp claws and gave a loud roar.

"Dad's Vigoroth is raring to go" Max said excited.

Ash turned to Pikachu, "Sorry Pikachu, but you'll have to sit this one out." Pikachu nodded and went off to the side and sat next to May. "Alright Latios I choose you" Ash called. Out came Latios in a flash and Latios hovered in front of Ash.

"Wow an actual Latios" Max said with his eyes sparkling. "I'm actually seeing a rare Pokémon in the flesh."

"Well Ash, there's more to you than meets the eye" Norman commented amazed at seeing Latios, "But so am I. Vigoroth use scratch attack." Vigoroth charged forward at a really fast pace towards Latios with its claws glimmering.

"Latios use Dragon pulse" Ash called. Latios opened his mouth and launched a massive dragon pulse from its mouth and Vigoroth was caught in the blast and launched back and smashed hard against the wall.

"Vigoroth are you okay" Norman called. Vigoroth jumped back up and with a roar landed back in the arena. "Alright Vigoroth use hyper beam" Vigoroth roared and opened its mouth, charged a hyper beam and launched it at Latios.

"Latios dodge it" Ash called. Latios flew up into the air, but then Vigoroth appeared next to Latios and rammed directly into Latios. 'That Vigoroth is fast' Ash thought. "Don't give in Latios use dragon claw" Latios claws glowed and Latios charged at Vigoroth.

"Vigoroth counter it with your scratch attack" Normal called. Vigoroth roared and charged at Latios and now both of them were clashing claws together with neither one giving an inch.

"Wow, none of them are giving an inch" May said impressed.

"At first I didn't think they stood a chance against dad's Vigoroth, but Ash is battling greatly" Caroline commented.

"Ash is really good" Max said excitedly. He always loved Pokémon battles and got excited whenever his dad battled, but right now he was just too excited to be seeing a legendary battle.

"Latios use steel wing" Ash called. Latios' wing glowed and then smashed his wing directly into Vigoroth and launched it back. Vigoroth landed hard on the ground with a groan.

Outside four people were peering in discreetly and watching the battle "Maybe we should nab that Vigoroth instead of Pikachu" a female voice said "its natural nastiness could be great for Team Rocket."

"You can grab whatever you want as long as I get that Latios" a young voice said.

"Yeah, yeah whatever kid" said a nasally voice, "You just stick to the plan and you can have that Latios."

"Well let's get to it" said the fourth voice, which was much deeper than the other three. The four voices than snickered evilly.

"Vigoroth use tackle attack" Norman called. Vigoroth charged forward towards Latios intent on delivering damage.