Chapter 15

Another two and a half months have passed since the battle with Norman back in Pettleburg City and Ash and the others had travelled far and wide. May had won two more ribbons leaving her with four ribbons and she just needed one more to enter the Grand Festival. Her rivals, Drew, Harley and Solidad already had five ribbons and were ready to enter the festival. She had also caught a Munchlax, a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur since then. Right now she carried Cumbusken, Munchlax, and Squirtle on hand.

Ash had improved greatly as well. He had been to both Fortree City and Mosdeep City and battled the gym leaders Winona and the double leaders Tate and Liza. In addition to battling them Ash had captured a Snorunt that evolved into a Glalie not long afterwards and his Taillow had evolved into Swellow as well. Winona was a master in flying Pokémon so Ash chose to use Latias since he hadn't used her in a while. In a three on three battles she was great and was able to defeat all three of Winona's Pokémon. Winona presented him with the Feather badge and wished him luck in the Hoenn League.

The next gym was against the two psychic users Tate and Liza. They battled together using Solrock and Lunatone so Ash countered with his own duo known as Latios and Latias. It was true battle of psychic type Pokémon. Solrock and Lunatone were very powerful and gave Latios and Latias quite some trouble, but a surprise Giga Impact from Latios and a powerful Dragons Rush from Latias to follow up on managed to defeat them. At the end of the battle Ash was awarded the Mind Badge meaning Ash only needed one more badge to qualify for the Hoenn League.

Max had also had some special adventures as well involving a young and sick Ralts. Max had found it sick and injured and nursed it back to health. He and the little Ralts had become quite close, but Max wasn't old enough to take it as his Pokémon so he had to let it go with a Kirlia and a Gardevoir, but he promised the Ralts that he would return when he became a trainer.

So now on their way to Sootopolis city they heard about a festival that was going on and decided to check it out especially that it involved a tournament with Pokémon battles. Naturally Ash wanted to go and they went to Cameran Palace. "Wow that castle is huge" Max commented awed.

May looked around and saw everyone was dressed in renaissance clothes, "Um I think there's a dress code." Ash and Max looked at her confused before looking around and noticing the people as well.

After entering the castle they went inside and found a dress room, "Wow look at all the costumes" Max said amazed and ran off to find a costume.

"I need something with a cape" Ash said excitedly and dashed off.

"Wait for me" May called going after them to find her own outfit. After trying on many different outfits May and Max came out. May was wearing a pink dress with yellow and white parts on the top with her bandana tied into a bow in the back of her hair. Max was wearing an old time outfit that looked like those special announcers wore back in Middle Ages that announced the king or queen. "Ash are you done yet" May called.

"Oh yeah" Ash called appearing from behind some clothes with a swish of a cape. Ash was dressed in brown pants and long sleeved shirt with a blue tunic vest over it. He also wore a long black cape that had a raggy end at the bottom and it ended just halfway down his calves. Ash was also wearing blue boots with yellow laces on them and to end it he had the same kind of gloves on as well as a blue hat with a yellow Pokeball in it. "Well guys what do you think?"

"Wow Ash looking good" Max said.

"Pika" Pikachu agreed. Everyone turned to Pikachu and they all gained grins on their faces. Pikachu looked between them nervously. Then Pikachu found itself being dressed up. A white and green stripped shirt with puffy cuffs and collar was put over its head. Then red shoes put on its paws and to end it a matching hat with a ball on the end was put on its head.