Chapter 16

Two weeks had passed and another surprise detour had taken place as they were passing through LaRousse City on their way to Sootopolis city. They ended up getting caught into a battle between the psychic Pokémon Deoxys and the ruler of the sky Rayquaza. After settling up some problems between them Deoxys had read Ash's heart for, like Suicune, Deoxys only revealed itself to a human with a very pure heart.

Through a series of long events Ash had battle Deoxys with Kyogre and this battle was long and hectic, but in the end Ash had actually defeated Deoxys. Rayquaza declined a battle saying that it still needed to patrol the skies, but perhaps in time Ash and Rayquaza would battle.

Right now they were all taking a break by a campsite, "Well Ash after that trip to Larousse I think that makes a grand total of nine Legendaries that you've caught." Ash blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his head.

"I think Max is right Ash" May said, "You do seem to be a magnet for Legendary Pokémon." Pikachu laughed at Ash as his face got redder from that. The others soon began laughing as well. In the distance something was watching them all have fun and was wanting to join in on the fun.

They finished their lunch and began moving on again, but before they started walking Ash stood still, "What's wrong Ash" May asked.

"I can't help, but feel that something's watching us" Ash said looking around into the forests.

"It's probably just a stray wild Pokémon" Max said. Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder and began looking around, "What's up with Pikachu?"

"I don't know," Ash said, "Pikachu what's up?" Pikachu suddenly jumped up towards Ash's waist and tapped a Pokeball on his side. A flash later and Latios appeared, "Latios."

"Pika Chu pika pipi pika Chu Pikachu" Pikachu said to Latios.

'Okay' Latios responded telepathically. 'It seems that we have a little follower.'

"A follower," May repeated, "Who?"

'It's Mew' Latios said surprising them all, except Pikachu. 'It's been following you for two weeks now... ever since you left the Palace. Mew come on out' Latios called. A few seconds later the little cat-like Pokémon appeared before them mewing cutely. (LOL)

"It is Mew" Max said surprised as Mew began playing with Pikachu on Ash's shoulder. He whispered to May, "If what I think is going to happen happens then that'll make ten Legendaries that Ash has caught." May simply nodded.

"So Mew why have you been following us" Ash asked after a while.

Mew spoke to Ash telepathically, 'Well...' Mew said in a feminine voice. 'I've been in the tree of Beginning for millennia and it gets kind of boring in there and after you and Lucario saved it I wanted to come with you on your journey to see new places.'

Ash looked very shocked now, "But... but what about the tree? I thought that you and the tree couldn't survive without each other."

'That would normally be the case' Mew responded. 'But after transferring both yours and Lucario's aura into the tree I found out that the tree became much stronger and no longer needed me to survive. It's amazing actually since it appears that your aura has a special power to it. Whatever your aura goes into strengthens it.'

'That explains a lot' Latios thought to himself.

"So you want to come us Mew" Ash asked. Mew nodded enthusiastically cooing. "Then welcome to the team." Ash pulled out a Pokeball, but Mew looked at it uncertainly. "Don't worry it'll only be quick and then I'll let you back out. It's just to make sure another trainer can't catch you." Mew nodded hesitantly and Ash lightly tapped Mew on the head. Mew went inside the Pokeball and the ball didn't even twitch showing that Mew did not fight it at all. The Pokeball didn't transfer since Ash had transferred Swellow back to the lab back in LaRousse city. "Alright I caught Mew" Ash cheered.