Chapter 5

Ash's match began with Macy. She was a very confident little girl and was ready to beat Ash, or so she thought. "Now we're into the 'H' Block. On the green side we have Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and on the Red side we have Macy from Mahogany Town" the announcer roared. "This will be a full three on three battle and the first trainer to lose all three Pokémon will lose. Now we shall decide which field these two trainers will be battling on." The computer on the screen began flashing around in a circle before it began to slow down. Soon it stopped on the rock symbol. "It looks like these two will be battling on the rock field." The normal field on the top switched out for a rock field and it rose to the top and formed in place of the normal field. "Now to determine which trainer will send out their Pokémon first." Once again the screen began flashing through colors until it slowed and stopped on the color red. "And Macy of Mahogany Town will be sending out her first Pokémon."

"I hope you're ready for a tough battle Ash" she called out to him.

Ash smirked, "I'm always ready. Give it your best shot."

"Okay I will, Vulpix I choose you" Macy called sending out the small fox Pokémon.

"And Macy's first Pokémon is her Vulpix" the announcer said. "What Pokémon will Ketchum send out to counter her Pokémon?"

Ash pulled out his own Pokeball "Totodile I choose you" Ash called. Out came the little enthusiastic blue alligator with its usual cute dance. "Totodile use your water gun attack." Totodile reared its head back and blasted a huge water gun that was heading right towards Vulpix.

"It'll take more than a little squirt gun attack like that to take Vulpix down" Macy said. "Alright Vulpix dodge and use fire spin." Vulpix jumped in the air and avoided the water gun attack and with a deep breath the little fox Pokémon launched a very large fire spin. Totodile was a little too slow to dodge it and took the full brunt of the attack.

"Totodile, you okay" Ash called. Totodile shook itself and remained standing strong. "Alright go for a tackle attack." Totodile charged forward to hit Totodile hard, but Vulpix merely jumped to the side. Totodile lost its footing and nearly fell over, but it regained itself. With a scowl Totodile turned and continued to try and hit Vulpix, but nothing worked.

"Totodile is too slow to get a proper hit on Macy's Vulpix. Ketchum may think of something quick" the announcer roared. Ash grit his teeth as e watched.

"Totodile just isn't fast enough to get my Vulpix" Macy said tauntingly. "It just won't work Ash."

Ash growled slightly, but then he smirked, "Totodile use bite." Totodile had just missed another attack when he heard Ash and turned quickly and bite down on Vulpix's tail. Vulpix cried out in pain and tried to shake Totodile off, but Totodile held on strongly with its powerful jaw.

"Vulpix try and shake it off" Macy called. Vulpix tried, but Totodile wouldn't let go.

"Totodile's too strong to be shaken off so easily" Ash said. "Now Totodile throw Vulpix into the air." Totodile planted itself firmly on the ground and lifted Vulpix off of the ground and swung it high into the air letting go when Vulpix went skyward. Vulpix flew into the air from the swing, "Now Totodile full power water gun" Ash called. Totodile took a deep breath and shot the water gun again, but this time it hit Vulpix dead on in the chest. Vulpix gave off a cry as it slammed into the ground from the hard attack. Vulpix tried to stand up, but it collapsed to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

The ref raised the green flag, "Vulpix is unable to battle. Totodile is the winner." Up on the screen Vulpix's icon darkened signifying its defeat.

"Now let's find out which Pokémon Macy will send out to fight off Ash's Totodile" the announcer said.

Macy pulled out her second Pokeball, "Go Electabuzz" she called out. The enormous fighting electric Pokémon took its spot on the field with a spark.