Chapter 10

While Ash was flying about there was something else entirely going on now in another dimension. In that very dimension were all of the Legendary Pokémon. From the Legendary Birds of Kanto to the Tao trio of Unova. "Welcome everyone" called a soft voice. They all turned to see Arceus, the God of Pokémon appear before them. "I shall now explain why I have gathered you all here."

"But we're not all here yet" said a small chipper voice. It was the small little Grass/Psychic type Legendary Pokémon known as Celebi as she zoomed around the room. "Latios and Latias have not yet arrived."

"And another thing" a massive Pokémon said. The Pokémon was a sauropod-like Pokémon that was mostly blue with silver in some spots, massive horns and fangs. It was Dialga the Pokémon of time. "Why is he here" Dialga said in disgust looking at another Pokémon in the room. This Pokémon looked part humanoid with large feet and skinny arms with a long tail.

Arceus seemed to glare at Dialga, "I've told you time and time again Dialga and you should understand since you are the Master of Time that Mewtwo is one of us. He may have been created by humans, but he had no choice in the matter. It is not his fault and the sooner you understand that the better." Dialga merely snorted while Mewtwo acted stoic. "Anyway the reason I have called you here is because of Latios and Latias."

"What's wrong? Did something happen to them" a soft feminine voice asked. It was the voice of one of the Legendary Beasts of Johto called Suicune. Suicune was blue in color with purple lining down its chest and what looked like white ribbons down its chest.

"No nothing bad has happened" Arceus said. "The reason they are not here is because they have been captured by a trainer." That caused an almost instant uproar from most of the Legendaries. "SILENCE" Arceus bellowed and there was instant silence in the room. "Now" Arceus continued in a softer voice, "If you have a comment then please go one at a time in a civilized manner."

"How could they allow themselves to be captured by a human" was said by a giant whale shaped Pokémon with flying wings and red lines going around it. It was one of the weather trio named Kyogre.

"It was not just any trainer... but the chosen one" Arceus said and that caused some eyes to widen.

"You mean Ash" said a massive Pokémon with silver fur named Lugia. Arceus nodded, "What did Ash do to make Latios and Latias join him?"

"Nothing" Arceus said to their surprise. "They volunteered to go with him."

"They've gone soft" said a cold voice. It was the voice of the nightmare Pokémon decked in all black with a single glowing eye barely visible under the white mane on its head. It was Darkrai the pitch black Pokémon. "What kind of Legendary let themselves be captured?"

"Be careful before you judge Darkrai" Arceus said. "I have steadily kept an eye on Ash ever since he was born. He has the purest soul since Sir Aaron. Mew I'm sure you remember Sir Aaron and Mewtwo I know you can attest to the purity of Ash's soul."

Both Legendaries nodded in consent and Mewtwo spoke, "It is true. I always thought humans were the scum of the earth, but Ash managed to convince me otherwise. When I fought Mew, Ash sacrificed himself to save the Pokémon while I merely pitted them against each other."

"I am still not convinced" Darkrai said in its cold voice. "What does this so called chosen one look like?" Arceus formed a screen and it allowed them to witness the human world. They got a full look of Latios and Latias flying through the air smiling and cooing happily with Ash on Latios' back enjoying the view of the landscape.

"Thanks again guys" Ash said. "If it wasn't for you guys and your hard work then we'd have never won the Johto League."

'Don't be so modest Ash' Latios said telepathically, but all legendaries could hear him. 'You worked just as hard as we did to win. We all did it.'