Chapter 11

Flying across the ocean was our hero Ash Ketchum. His trusty Pikachu resting on his shoulder enjoying the sights and underneath him was his faithful Latios giving Ash a ride to Hoenn. "Latios" Ash called getting the beautiful dragon's attention, "How are you holding up? Do you need a rest?"

'No I'm just fine' Latios answered 'Thanks for asking. I could probably go on like this for another 3 hours.'

Ash nodded, "Alright, oh by the way, did you find out what my mom was doing with Latias?"

Latios laughed, 'Oh I found out alright. It turns out Latias likes gardening a lot. She was paying rapt attention while your mom demonstrated every single tool and the properties it did. It was hilarious to watch.'

Ash chuckled, "I bet Latias didn't like being laughed at."

Latios kept chuckling, "No she did not... and I recommend, for your health, that you do not make fun of her for it."

"Message received" Ash said. Ash reached into his backpack and pulled out the map, "Alright according to this map Littleroot town is about twenty miles away. Good thing Latios can fly faster than a jet plane or we wouldn't be there until tomorrow eh Pikachu."

"Pika" Pikachu agreed.

They kept flying through the area and Ash was staring out into the ocean. It was massive and he could see some Pokémon swimming under the surface, but he couldn't see them accurately because of them being too far under water. After about an hour more of flying Ash saw a city coming up.

"There it is" Ash called "It's Littleroot Town." Latios went in for a landing towards the docks and none of them were exactly being discreet. People and Pokémon trainers stared in shock as Latios descended and hovered just above the docks. Ash hopped off and petted Latios, "Thanks for the ride Latios. Take a nice long rest" Ash recalled Latios to the Pokeball and Ash walked off the docks completely oblivious to the stares he was receiving.

As Ash left the docks and continued into the city someone called out, "Hold up there." Ash stopped and turned around to see a trainer about his age with shoulder length blue wavy hair wearing a blue shirt and black shorts. "Was that a Latios you were riding there?"

"Yeah, why" Ash asked.

"Where exactly are you from" the kid asked ignoring Ash's question.

"Pallet Town in the Kanto Region" Ash answered "Why?"

"And how exactly did someone from Pallet manage to capture the legendary Latios" the kid asked continuing to ignore Ash's question.

Ash got annoyed now, "Look what does it matter to you?" Their conversation was beginning to draw a crowd.

"It does matter to me because some trainer from Kanto managed to capture a Legendary Pokémon from Hoenn" the kid said 'Kanto' with a tone of disgust.

Ash was getting really annoyed now, "Who cares what region Latios is from?"

"I do" the kid answered. He then took up a lofty tone, "My name is Sid and I'm going to capture all the Legendary Pokémon in every region one way or another. Now let's battle now and if I win you must hand your Latios over to me."

Ash's eyes widened in anger, "You're nuts kid. There's no way I'm gonna bet Latios over something as stupid as this." Ash began to walk away.

"Oh I see then you're chicken" Sid said mockingly. "Pathetic, how a Latios can go with a pathetic trainer like you who backs down from a match. How disappointing. If I was Latios' trainer I would never back down from any challenge."