Chapter 1: Time Travel?!

Ouch...what is this pain? It's killing me, what happened? Right...I...I saw a ghost!

The flashback of the lady in the reflection shocked me and my eyes slowly opened. A searing pain shot right up my head and I supported it with my hands. I tried to adjust to the dim lighting and rotten smell of the place I'm at.

Where is this place? This smell...is excruciating...! I am at a hospital right?

Once my vision cleared, I had a good grasp of my surroundings. Concrete walls and floor, a tiny window up high at the corner of the wall.

A cage...why am I locked up in a cage? Wait...since when did I have such long hair? And this white robe...blood?! Oh my gosh, what is happening?

"H-hello?" My voice came out weak and hoarse. I'm so thirsty I thought I was going to die. "A-anyone t-there?"

Sadly, my voice was too soft to reach out to the people outside.

Just where is this place? Why do I feel so lethargic?

I looked down upon the rugged robe covered in dried blood that I was wearing, and I automatically touched them. "Ah!" The shot of pain burst through my body and I pursed my lips to prevent myself from screaming. My head rolled backwards against the wall as my breathing increases.

I tried to calm myself down and weakly pulled up my robe to see what was wrong with my legs. I got shocked of my life when I saw deep marks on both of my thighs. They looked as if they were abused badly.

W-when did I got these? W-who...h-how...

I started to panic and tears fell down my cheeks. "A-anybody outside?" I used all of my might and screamed. "Please!!"

Rough footsteps were heard marching towards me and a man in traditional costume appeared looking annoyed.

"Yah shut up!" He hit the poles of the cage with his spear and the sound rang throughout the entire hallway.

My face cringed and I looked away from him. What the hell is he wearing? Did I see wrongly? T-that's obviously prison guard clothing from the past!

"Ah...seriously...so annoying! Just die will ya!" He spat in frustration.

No...I can't let him go like this. I need to find out where I am.

"W-wait..." I gathered my will and spoke. "P-please...sir...where is this place?" I looked at him in pleading eyes.

"What?! Ah...seriously...are you out of your mind? This is the dungeon. DUNGEON! Hmm!" He hit the spear on the poles again and stormed off angrily.

D-dungeon? Do dungeons exist? I'm locked up in a dungeon? This is crazy...this is madness...I- I must be dreaming...shit! My entire body feels so horrible!

I took deep several breaths as I tried to comprehend what the man just said.

I'm so tired.

Not too long, fatigue took over me and I fell unconscious once again.

---

I dreamt of when I excused myself from my blind date as I needed to visit the toilet for a while. I took my purse and headed to the washroom. I washed my hands and teared the tissue paper near the sink as I wiped my hands.

"Ah...right! I need to touch up a little." I unzipped my purse to grabbed for my lipstick. I looked in to the mirror and applied it on my lips. I pursed my lips for a few times before keeping the lipstick. I looked up in to the mirror one last time to check when a face appeared.

"Ah!" Immediately, I fainted.

---

"Princess...Princess ..." A desperate whisper was calling me. "Princess, wake up, please! I've brought food for you!" Her voice became even more desperate and anxious.

I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly opened up my eyes to turn to the lady. A blurry silhouette was squatting outside, she had a basket with her by her side.

"Princess! It's me Jang Mi! I've brought food for you!" She smiled in relief and grins at me.

"Jang...Mi?" I managed to speak. The nurse?

"Please hurry and eat these buns before you faint again!" She uses one hand and tried to push in the plate of white buns to me.

I stared at the white buns as my stomach growls. Damn...how long have I starve to feel this hunger?

I faintly reached out to the plate of buns and pulled them near me. I picked one up and then I realised my hands were dirty and full of small cuts. I examined my swollen palms.

"What happened to me?"

"Oh my lady..." Jang Mi started sobbing. She covers her mouth swiftly, muffling her sniffs underneath. She then looked up at me with pity eyes. "Princess...so poor thing..."

What is with this girl? Why does she keep addressing me as princess?

She sniffed two times before swallowing her saliva to clear her throat. "Miss, I believe in you! You never stole that jade necklace and you were innocent! I will find a way to get you out soon."

"J-jade necklace? I stole the jade necklace?" I was getting even more confused.

"The Queen punished you and locked you up in the dungeon because you stole her favourite necklace from her. But I believe you never did!" Jang Mi had a dignified expression as she explained.

"Wait. Did you just mention the Queen? But..." Holy cow. Wait this is ridiculous but...did I just...wait...what??

I gave Jang Mi a terrified look as I asked, "May I know what year is this?"

Jang Mi was confused and she answered my question cautiously. "This is Goryeo?"

G-G-Goryeo...? G-Goryeo?! How could this be? I've travelled back in time?!

Suddenly, Jang Mi shrieked. "Oh my gosh! Could the punishments have hurt your head Miss?! You cannot even remember what happened to you! Oh my gosh...God..." She started to cry again.

Surprisingly I had all the strength to crawl myself towards her. I grab on to the poles as I asked her seriously. "So...who is the King?"

"The King? King Taejo? Oh my gosh! I should've mentioned it so carelessly!" She started to slap her mouth ample times as her face scrunches up in fear.

What. The. Hell.

I felt my vision blurred and I fell on to the floor. My left hand quickly supported my weight as my right hand hold on to my head. I had a severe headache and I couldn't breathe.

"Oh no! Miss, are you alright?!" Jang Mi was worried sick as she reached out for me. "Doctor! Call the doctor!" Her desperate voice echoed throughout the dungeon.