Chapter 18: Hope

"YuRi ah... You look so much better today. Shall we walk around the hospital's garden?" Grandma was in an uplifted mood early in the morning.

"I would love to." I grinned as she helped me out of the bed.

Save the 3rd Prince.

I heard a voice from faraway and I suddenly looked around to see who was talking.

"What's the matter? Are you feeling dizzy? If so we can rest in bed..." Grandma looked at me in concern.

I must be hallucinating... I'm already back in Seoul, there's no way I can return back to Goryeo again...

"No, I'm fine. Let's go." I assured myself as I allowed Grandma to take the lead.

//
Prince Wang Yo POV

I'm so full of anger that I could explode in any minute. Why is it that no one understands the efforts I put in for them?!

I stomped my way back to my room and every servants standing by was frightened as they dare not to be involved with me.

When I reached my room, the sight of the documents placed on my study desk rages me. I dashed over and picked them up only to throw them hardly on the floor.

"Ahh!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"P-prince Wang Yo! Please calm down!" Eunuch Lee trembles as he tries to grab hold of me.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way!" I pulled out my sword, threatening to chop off his head if he interferes much longer.

I gave him a deathly glare as he kneels down to beg for me.

What a pathetic fool.

At the sight of him being useless and timid, I burst out laughing as I proclaimed, "I can kill you right now!"

"Prince Wang Yo!" A messenger stood outside looking very distressed.

I looked over at him with my big eyes and frowned.

"P-prince Wang Yo, forgive me but I have urgent news to tell you." His voice trembling as he speaks.

Has the King finally acknowledge me?

Feeling the last hope that I had, I allowed him to spill the beans.

"I am sorry to say this but... Princess Hara has p-passed away."

"W-what?" The time seemed to stop for me to digest the unexpected and somehow I felt a tinge of sadness and pain in my chest.

"Prince Wang Yo, please forgive me!" The messenger bows down for forgiveness but not long after, his blood splattered on the floor as I involuntary slashes my sword down on him.

"How dare you lie to me!" I bellowed and the eunuch screams in terror at the sight of the dead person.

"It's true. Princess Hara has long gone." The man who had given me support for my entire life appears right in front of my entrance. His expression was of guilt.

"Minster of the Left..." I managed to call him out despite feeling torn and disrupted.

"I-if it wasn't me, she wouldn't have died!" He declared shamelessly and did not seem to know he had betrayed himself.

"Ha... Hahahaha! Because of you?! Because of you I couldn't even finish a simple mission! It's all your fault!" Blood was rushing in my body as I recalled the words of the Queen.

You are weak.

"I am not weak!" I run over to the minister and sways my sword down his neck but the Eunuch managed to stop me.