Chapter 25: Missing

"What would happen to us now?" I was terrified and shivering as I knew that the only person I could depend on was slowly deteriorating. 

"Don't worry, I will protect you." The prince assurance was of no use to me.

Suddenly, I was grabbed by the shoulder from the back and I yelled.

"Help!" 

One of them had caught hold of me and I struggled to break free. However, three men soon locked my arms to the back as the main had a knife on my throat. 

"Sister-in-law!" Wang Jung was suddenly off his guard and the hooligans took the chance to attack him while the leader laughed.

"Hahaha! Now you have no where to run! Show him who we are!" 

"Wang!!" I nearly leaked out his identity but I remembered he told me not to. "SHIN!!" I cried out his fake name instead and pleaded but the man holding on to me threatened to cut my throat if I made any more noises. 

How did we end up in this?! God damn it! If only I have my iPhone with me I could've called the freaking police! 

"Stab him!" The leader ordered and one of them stabbed Wang Jung in his stomach when he was weak and I gasped in horror.

"Ugh..." The prince held on to his bleeding stomach as he fell on to the ground hardly. His face was distorted in pain as he tried to catch his breath.

The leader drew closer to Wang Jung and kicked him in the wounded area, causing Wang Jung to spit out blood.

"No!!" I screamed in my might hoping someone would save us even though I knew we're the only people in this deserted alley way.

"Shut up you whore!" A searing pain hits my cheek as the man punches me in the face. I felt my blood trickling down my nose and my vision blurs before I fainted.

//

Prince Wang Yo's POV

It was already late night when we arrived at Songak. I was impressed that we managed to get here early despite the cold weather and I'm worn out. A few members of the clan were standing by the entrance to the hideout while the leader welcomed us.

"Ah...Prince Wang Yo. I heard of your arrival and I am honoured for you to visit our home." Mr Wang said with open arms. 

"Good evening Mr Wang. I apologise for the late arrival. I am pleased to come here to resolve politics with you." I returned the firm hand shake as we were brought in to the hide out. 

What a smell...

I thought to myself as I scrutinised the living area of the wolf clan, careful not to be spotted by anyone. I smiled to Mr Wang as he offered me to one of the royal seats in the hall. The servants offered me their local tea but I dared not to sip it. 

"It has been a long day for you Prince Wang Yo. I have prepared one of the best guest rooms for you and I hope you have a good rest." Mr Wang ordered his servants to escort me through the castle. 

On my way to my room, I saw Wang So in one of the rooms and I stopped. 

Well well...it seemed that he blends in well with these lowly wolfs...I wonder what would be his reaction when he sees me?

"Could it be So?" I asked aloud as I stood outside the door. He turned to look at me in shock as he stops what he was doing and I smirked slyly. "It's been a while since I saw you, how have you been?".

However, that fool simply ignored me as he continued to do his own things. I was frustrated by his actions and couldn't be bothered as I continued to make my way to my room. 

"Such disrespect, has he been like this ever since?" I asked the poor servant and he bowed apologetically to me.

Stupid bunch of fools! None of them could be compared.

I felt lethargic as I sat on the bed and massage my temples. The servants have prepared a tray of hot tea on the table for me. I reached for my pockets and took out the lucky charm my wife have sewn for me.

A mistake? How could it be a mistake when clearly you have feelings for Princess Yeon Hwa!

The words Hara said flashes back in my memory and I sighed. "Was I being too obvious?"

I have to admit I was upset with the Queen when she chosen Hara to be my wife when I clearly told her I was interested with Princess Yeon Hwa. Marriage to me then was just for business and nothing more. But somehow...Hara has slowly grew in my heart. To be honest, I haven't been too close to her in the past. I'm surprised she would even speak to me...I guess she finally accepted her fate then.

Suddenly, the strings that was sewn on to the pouch breaks and I got startled. "Stupid woman! She can't even sew a proper thing?!" Angry, I threw the charm on to the floor. 

So much for changing my views about this woman and she just ruins her own chance for acceptance!

I  blew out the candles and decided to rest for the night.

//

Back in the palace

"What? Prince Wang Jung was not in the palace ever since noon?!" The Queen asked anxiously as she glared at the servant kneeling in front of her.

"Please forgive me my Queen! I should've taken extra notice on Prince Wang Jung!" The servant was bowing down desperately.

"We must inform the King and ask for his assistance to search for Prince Wang Jung my Queen." Court Lady Yoon suggested.

"But it's already so late...I don't want to trouble the King." The Queen sighs in defeat as her emotions were driving her mad. 

"My Queen, please ask the King for help..." Court Lady Yoon pleaded as she knew how much Prince Wang Jung means to the Queen. 

The Queen sighs once again as she stood up from her seat to make way towards the King's room. "I shall deal with you after Prince Wang Jung is back!" She threatens the servant fiercely before she leaves. 

The Queen rushes anxiously to the King's room only to see Court Lady Oh was there as well. It seemed that Princess Hara was missing as well.

"Just what is going on?! How can two people not be in the palace at the same day and same time?" Court Lady Oh questioned after knowing Prince Wang Jung was missing as well.

"Unless they sneaked out of the palace together..." The King said calmly.

"What? Impossible! Why would they be together?" The Queen finds it absurd at the King's remark.

"It is possible. Prince Wang Jung might have invited Princess Hara out to town since the two of them are close." The King looked at the Queen and they both stared at each other silently, as if they were transmitting a certain message which only the two of them knew.

"My King, please forgive me but I must ask you to help me look for both Prince Wang Jung and Princess Hara!" Court Lady Oh kneeled down on the floor and bowed down.

"Please stand up Court Lady Oh!" The King was flustered as he couldn't bear to see his past lover in such a state. 

"My King, please search for Prince Wang Jung!" The Queen pleaded as well.

With two women of his own pleading at such a pathetic state, his Majesty finally called in his best bodyguards to go out of the palace to find out what happened to both of the missing royalties.