Chapter 15: December

It has been a month since Prince Wang Yo left the palace to Yongin for a mission to bring the crown prince back. December has also arrived and I have yet to return back to my own world.

"It sure is cold in Goryeo." I commented while rubbing my arms as I sat on the chair.

"Shall I brew some hot red date soup for you Princess?" Areum suggested as she brought out the winter clothing for me from the cabinet.

"Oh yes please!" I smiled.

I wonder how's Prince Wang Yo? I bet it's tough to travel in the snow. What more I wonder if he prepared any winter clothing to wear?

A sudden footstep entering my room brought me out from my thoughts and I stood up to greet him.

"Father!" After staying for nearly two months in Goryeo, I learned to be smart and go with the flow.

"How's my future queen doing?" My father opened his arms wide with a jovial expression and I returned the hug.

"What do you mean by future queen?" I questioned.

"You silly girl! Once Prince Wang Yo become King, you will be his Queen!" He explains happily.

Prince Wang Yo becomes the King? What about the Crown Prince?

"But there's the crown prince..." I said as I look at my father.

However, he became silent as his face turned gloomy. But it was only for a few milliseconds before he speaks in his loud voice again.

"Come my precious! I have something to show you!" He exclaims as he presented several huge red boxes by the entrance.

"What are all these?!" My jaw dropped as the entire entrance was blocked off. There were four male servants standing by waiting for instructions.

One of them opened up the case of the box and it revealed a few pieces of fur coats.

Wow...

"I went hunting a few days ago up in the mountains and brought back some bear fur for you to overcome this winter!"

"B-bear? I-I think I am fine..." I was feeling nauseous at the thought of wearing a dead bear on my body.

The people in Goryeo are too weird. Don't they have cotton jackets or any other that's not from animals?

"The future Queen must take care of your body! Who knows when Prince Wang Yo is back he could call you in to his chamber? I certainly am expecting a grandson next year."

"G-grandson?!" I shouted and my father got shocked.

But the shock immediately becomes laughter as it roared across the room.

Holy cow. If I'm really pregnant here,  how am I going to get back?! There's no way I'm staying in this dynasty!

My father bid farewell after the servants have carried the gifts in to my room. And I was so glad he's gone, I couldn't stand talking about pregnancy any longer. I know I'm 25 years old but I don't have a boyfriend yet! What more having a child of a dangerous man?

Just as I sat down, Areum comes in to the room with the red date soup. And a mysterious item.

"Princess, I stepped on to this at the entrance. It seemed to be a permission tag to other places."

I took the wooden tag and glance at the foreign characters written on it. Could it belong to my fake Father?

"Areum, I going out for a while,  I will be back before dinner!" I stood up and rushed out of the room before she could stop me.