Chapter 20: Paper Boats

The King has called in Prince Wang Yo to the court hall for a new mission.

Wang Yo POV
"As you have done well for the last mission in bringing the crown prince back safely, I would like to expand your potential with another mission."

The King reaches out his hands and the eunuch automatically knew what to do without needing the King to speak. He passes a royal roll of letter to the King.

"Prince Wang Yo, you shall pass this royal letter to Mr Wang in Songak." The King places it back on to the royal tray and the eunuch takes it to me.

"Ah yes, please notify Wang So that we will be having our new year celebration soon. You may be dismissed."

"My King, are you considering in inviting that child to the new year celebration?" One of the minister spoke.

"He always rejects no matter how many times you invite him." Another joined in.

Hearing the arguments from the ministers, I moved forward a little to voice out my opinions. "Even so,  Prince Wang So is still born as a royal blood. We must think for the King's face or else how will the netizens see us?"

All of the ministers suddenly turn their heads to the floor as they discuss about the words I said.

I turned towards the King and bowed to him as I said,  "I shall accept your mission my King. Please give me your blessings and may our negotiations be a success."

I took over the letter and left the court hall.

Hara's POV

I was in my room learning embroidery from Court Lady Shin but the lesson hasn't gone very well.

"Ouch!" Once again I got pricked by the needle for 'n' times and I held onto my finger as a little pool of blood started to ooze out.

"Princess Hara!" Rin quickly came to my side with a handkerchief to wrap my finger.

"Princess Hara,  how many times have I reminded you to concentrate? This is the sixth time you've been pricked! What happened to your embroidery skills? You never needed my help last time!" Court Lady Shin reprimands as she looked at me sternly.

"I'm sorry okay?! I'm just not cut out for this! Who still uses their hands when there's sewing machines?!" I spat.

Argh! This is so annoying! Why should I even be locked in here to do all these things?!

"Princess Hara...! Not only you are weak in hand skills,  your manners are not suitable for a princess either. Please spare a thought for Prince Wang Yo!"

Prince Wang Yo... Prince Wang Yo... What does all these have to do with him?! The people in Goryeo are so weird! Why can't I learn to do martial arts like Prince Wang Jung? That seemed more interesting...

"I see you are having some troubles in the lesson." Both me and Court Lady Shin turned around wide eyed at the appearance of Prince Wang Yo.

"Please forgive my rudeness for not noticing your arrival Prince Wang Yo." Court Lady Shin immediately bowed down in a graceful manner.

"What are you doing here?" I gave a bored face at the man standing by the door.

I'm already getting annoyed by his face.

"Do not worry Court Lady Shin, I was merely checking upon the learning process of my princess." He smiled.

Well you're just here to see how lousy am I aren't you?