Chapter 5: The Precognition

"The 3rd prince...is your husband." Court Lady Oh reveals.

"H-H-Husband?! I'm married?! But I'm only 25 years old!" Crap! Why did I reveal my age?!

"Princess Hara! What nonsense are you sprouting? You are merely 17 years old!" Court Lady Oh reprimanded.

"I'm 17 years old?! How could that be? I am..." Right. I timed travelled. Obviously I'm going to be in the age of this Princess Hara girl.

She sighs exasperatedly and places her hand on her chest as she breathes in and out rapidly. Areum has already fallen to the ground, due to shock while Rin bends down to support her.

"Princess Hara, you really couldn't remember a single thing?"

I shook my head. Why do I feel so guilty?

Court Lady Oh sighs again before pushing me all the information that I should know in order to survive in this century. 

So I am Princess Hara, daughter of King's Minister of the Left, Park Young Gyu. The 3rd Prince, named as Wang Yo was my husband. No, I should say is my husband. It was told that the first wife was Princess Yumi but it seemed that the 3rd Prince doesn't have any use for her anymore; thus the cold treatment. My family holds great privileges and benefits that could help the 3rd Prince and the Queen and thus, I'm married to the household to be the second wife of him.

"However, your parents do not know that you are sent into the dungeon. They always thought you are being treated well and fair." Court Lady Oh continues.

This is so complicated! Why me?! Why choose me to time travel?! Ugh!!!

"So how was I in the past? What kind of girl was I?"

"You were very talented. Good at writing, poems, embroidery, cooking. Every aspect a lady should be taught, you've mastered it." Court Lady Oh smiled gently at me for the first time.

Wow...Princess Hara is a true princess. How am I to be her? Though I came from a well-off family but there are some areas I can never do. Like embroidery and cooking.

I kept silent as I allow the heavy information to digest. Why would Princess Hara not inform her parents about the mistreat that the royals did to her? If that's the case, must that mean I should pretend as it was when I visit her parents?

"You should rest. You've worked hard for today Princess Hara." Court Lady Oh stood up and helped me to the bed. "I shall call you when dinner is ready." She helped to tug me in bed for afternoon nap before she leaves.

//

"No please, my Queen! Spare my child!"

A blurry vision of Court Lady Oh kneeling and begging at the foot of the Queen as blood spat out from her mouth. She clenches to her stomach as a trail of blood started to trickle down her leg.

"You should have gone away but yet you insisted in staying by the King's side. Now see what happened to you." The Queen laughs mercilessly as she looks down fiercely at Court Lady Oh.

//

I shot right up from bed, sweat trickling down my forehead as I breathe heavily. I clenched on to my heart as it pounds hardly on my chest. Areum and Rin appeared from the door with a tray and instantly runs to my side.

"Princess Hara!"

What was that dream? Court Lady Oh was bleeding...why?

Areum pours a cup of water for me to drink as I got confused with the image that kept appearing in my mind. I hold on to Areum forcefully as I asked, "Where is Court Lady Oh?!"

Areum cringes in pain as she tries to answer me.

"I am here, Princess Hara."

I looked up to the woman I was so worried about and pushed the servants aside. I ran to her and grasped on to her tightly, checking every part of her to confirm that she was alright.

"Are you alright? Did the Queen did anything to you and your baby?!"

Court Lady Oh looked at me in shocked. "How did you know I am pregnant?"

"You must not go near the Queen! She will kill your baby!" I was frantic.

"Princess Hara! What are you sprouting about! You will get in to trouble if the Queen hears you!" Court Lady Oh snaps as she holds on to me to keep me stable.

"I...I had a dream...about the Queen harming you...I..." Tears fell down from my eyes and I couldn't breathe.

Court Lady Oh helped me to the chair as she calmed me down. She pulled me to her body and hugged me, stroking my hair like my mother whenever I was feeling sad.

"Hush...my dear...everything is fine. I am here." Amazingly, I started to breathe slowly and am able to form words without stumbling.

"You need to stay calm my princess. Your body is still weak; you need more rest." She poured a cup of water for me to drink.

"I...I saw..."

"It's just a dream." Court Lady Oh interrupts, purposely stopping me from saying anything further.

I looked at her smile and knew that I should not carry on.

You should only speak when you are needed to. Else, it's better to act like you don't know a single thing.

The phrase re-floated up in my mind and I kept quiet. It was a long and hectic day, and I was not able to catch up with the history. Court Lady Oh accompanied throughout the night while the servants promised not to say a single word about what happened in the room to the outside.