Chapter 30: Drunk

Princess Hara's POV

I stared in awe at myself in the mirror as I reached out to touch the lovely jewel Prince Wang Yo had given me earlier.

I wonder what hit Prince Wang Yo in the head to suddenly treat me with such love.

Perhaps he plans to murder me during our road trip because I lashed out at him yesterday?! Or maybe I'm the only person left who knew he wanted to murder the crown prince so he wants to take the chance to kill me?!

"It's possible... Maybe I shouldn't go." I was frightening myself as all these danger thoughts run in my mind.

"What? But it's such a rare opportunity to go on a road trip! Not everyone have the chance Princess Hara!" Areum was envious of me as she exclaims.

"That's right! What more Prince Wang Yo seemed to be excited as well. You will have a great time with him!" Rin added.

Yeah... Excited to do something bad to me I bet. Maybe I should really bring a weapon to protect myself...

"It's time to go Princess Hara." Court Lady Oh came in to inform me.

"It's evening already?!" I turned to look out at the window as if I knew how to read the colours of the sky.

"Yes, let's go. Prince Wang Yo is waiting for you by the entrance." She encourages as she accompanies me out of the room.

There were horses and several guards standing by and Prince Wang Yo was waiting in his thick coat.

Though you are evil, you're still a piece of art just by standing.

I thought to myself as I walk closer to him. He grins brightly and I blush to myself.

Don't. No weird thoughts. Focus.

"Beautiful. I mean the jewellery." The first thing he had to say was full of sarcasm.

"That's because I'm wearing it." I held my head up high shamelessly. Sorry, the Queen in me had to come out because I want to see him embarrassed.

"Sure it is." He smirks as he mounts up to his horse.

I took a deep breath before going up to the horse beside Prince Wang Yo with the help of the guard. I'm still not used to horses here.

I hold on to the reins tightly and my body was leaning close to the horse. Prince Wang Yo looked at me irritatedly as he commands me to sit up straight.

"No! I would fall!" I insisted as I shook my head like a child.

"Sit. Up. Straight. Right. Now. Or you will sit on the horse with me." He threatens and I quickly sat up straight.

I rathered sit alone than sit with him on the horse. Who knows if he would stab a knife at my back? Wait... But maybe I should've taken the chance to sit with a Prince.

Prince Wang Yo sighed in despair as he grabbed on to my rein. Not waiting for the servants to load the baggage or for me to get prepared, he kicked the horse and we both went gallopping away first.

"Prince Wang Yo!" I heard his eunuch shouts nervously from behind.

"W-wait!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs in fear of my own life.

I stared wide eyed at the people from town as the horse galloped and shut my eyes real quick as I clenched on to the reins tightly.

We kept going even when we reached the forest and the servants were still far behind us.