Chapter 22: Hairpin

We arrived at the archery training grounds of the palace and there was quite an audience watching the 14th Prince and the 3rd Prince competing. Among the many people was my fake father who tried to murder me. At the sight of him makes me boil.

Why is he still here?! Shouldn't he be caught by now? What are the people doing in the palace?!

"It seemed like Jung has asked Prince Wang Yo for an archery game again. He just can't accept that Prince Wang Yo's archery is better than his." Princess Yeon Hwa commented as she grins brightly. I was broken away from my own thoughts as she speaks.

"O-oh...is it?" I replied as I turn to look at Prince Wang Jung.

He stood tall and dignified as he focuses on the faraway target board. He steadies the bow he was holding on to and pulled the strings back. The memory from that day where I was rescued by Prince Wang Jung floated in my memory and my heart started racing.

Calm down YuRi ah...!

A few distance away was Prince Wang Yo, who looked really relaxed as he shoots an arrow casually. The sight of him holding on to that bow made me uncomfortable as I would never forget how casually he killed Princess Yumi's parents.

"Score!" The eunuch shouted as he waves the red flag tediously. The entire crowd immediately applauds loudly as they try to appease the Prince.

"Prince Wang Yo is really good in archery." Princess Yeon Hwa praises but I wasn't really paying attention as I felt sick. Seeming to notice my discomfort, she quickly asked in concern.

"Are you alright Princess Hara? You seemed a little down. Could it be that the winter coldness has got to you? Shall we head back?"

"Oh no...I am fine..." I quickly plastered a fake smile, hoping she brought the act.

The happy look of Prince Wang Yo as he won the game makes me want to throw up. How could a person kill someone and have no guilt in him? If I were him, I probably wouldn't be able to carry a bow! What more compete in a game!

Next was Prince Wang Jung as he nervously shoots an arrow. It was so close to hitting the full score and it was regretful. The game ended in a while as Prince Wang Jung speaks to Prince Wang Yo.

"Hyung! Your skills are indeed extraordinary! I would have to work harder to defeat you the next time round."

"I'm looking forward till that day. Work hard." Prince Wang Yo smiles mischievously as he handed over his bow to his eunuch. The servants helped both of the princes to wear on to their winter jackets before they leave the archery ground.

Princess Yeon Hwa led me into the entrance as we waited for both of them to come out. At the sight of them, Princess Yeon Hwa was delighted.

"That was quite a game!" She exclaimed when we made eye contact.

"Oh Yeon Hwa ah, why are you here?" Prince Wang Yo had a look of surprise but his tone of voice was obviously happy. I shared a contact with my fake father and he gave me a warm smile as he acted as if nothing happened.

Ugh. Disgusting! Princess Hara is so unfortunate to have father like him. Who would kill his own blood in order to achieve what he wants?

"Oh Noona! Did you watch our match just now?" Prince Wang Jung said. "Greetings to you Princess Hara." He bowed slightly and I returned the bow.

"Yes we did. We were out for a break and was attracted to the noises from the archery grounds. So we decided to have a look." Princess Yeon Hwa explains in detail. "Jung ah, your skills have improved so much better the last time I saw you."

Prince Wang Jung looked proud and he laughed. "Thank you Noona. But I'm no better than Hyung though."

"If you practiced enough, you would be the same as me." Prince Wang Yo commented as he turned to Yeon Hwa. "I see that the hairpin suits you well, it's beautiful."

Princess Yeon Hwa immediately blushes as she reaches out to touch her hair. "Yes...thank you for the gift oppa."

I knew it. He gave us the same hair pin!

I instantly felt uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave the scene. Prince Wang Yo seemed to be playing some sick game because his eyes tells me all.

"Ah...forgive me my lady. I bought a similar one to Princess Yeon Hwa as a thank you for teaching you embroidery. Certainly you are not jealous?"

Princess Yeon Hwa eyes grew wide as she looked at me in shock and fear. "I am so sorry Princess Hara! I did not know you have the same hair pin as me. I should have known oppa would buy the same present...Forgive me!"

Ugh. What is this man trying to do?! He could've shut up! But then again...my curiosity was finally answered. Why am I feeling this weird heart pain?

"O-oh...It's okay! Don't fret over it. I agree with Prince Wang Yo that the hairpin suits you." I gave a concerned smile.

"Prince Wang Yo, as a father of Hara, I am disappointed to see you have gave the same present to another girl. I hope you would be considerate about my daughter's feelings." My father was disheartened and disturbed by the conversation.

Prince Wang Yo gave a cold look towards the old man however, he does not falter. He turned towards me with a death glare as he said, "I know how to treat my wife. I was simply helping her get closer to Yeon Hwa since she seemed to like my sister. Isn't that right my wife?"

How disappointing. How could he treat me so lowly like this? Where is the man who cried infront of me that night?

Feeling the awkward atmosphere, Prince Wang Jung changes the topic. "Oh right, I heard that Princess Hara is learning embroidery with Noona. How's it going?"

Princess Yeon Hwa was smart to quickly answer, "Oh yes, Princess Hara has improved significantly. She already mastered the basics." Princess Yeon Hwa was quick to show me off. "In fact, Princess Hara has sewed a good luck charm for you, oppa." Princess Yeon Hwa faces me and smiled.

"Is that so? Well then, thank you my wife. I am looking forward to receive the good luck charm that you have sewed for me." He smirks as he continues. "Oh right, I would be leaving for an important mission with the wolf clan. I shall see what's special there and buy a gift for you when I come back."

The sly Prince approaches me and soon we were only a palm away. He leans in teasingly despite all the other servants looking. They immediately turned away shyly as they give us a private moment.

I stare down hard at him as I tried to figured out what he would do next. He closes our distance and soon our noses touched. My heart pounded like crazy and I involuntarily shuts my eye, waiting for the best as I felt his breath on my lips.

"I apologise for teasing you infront of everybody..." His deep comforting voice does not seemed to loosen my tension.

"You think I would say that to you?" He chuckled and my heart dropped.

This bastard!

"You better not be fooling around when I'm away." I opened my eyes in shock after he took the chance to threaten and tease me. His warmth distanced away from my body and I glared at him. Prince Wang Yo gave me a teasing smile as he walked away, not caring for the others behind him.

I will never ever trust him again!!

Authors note:

Hello my readers! Here's an update after so long. I'm just so busy that I can't seemed to find time to sit down and finish the story. Anyway, I felt like I have been out of track for the purpose of this story and was too excited in introducing the other characters for the past chapters. I would try to focus on the relationship better and I thank you all for being patient with me. Please look forward to more dramas xD