Chapter 36: Attack

"How could you befriend with a lowly Gisaeng?" The mother questions me and I gasped.

"Y-you mean I'm not allowed?" I asked innocently and also because I don't understand why it's such a big issue?

The mother sighs in defeat and looked at me calmly. "I shall call for a guard to send you out. You should never ever come to a place like this. Do you understand, Princess?"

I sigh in defeat as well. Now I'll never know the truth... Should I just confront him later?

A few gisaengs whispered among themselves when I was ushered by the guard to the exit. They make me look like a freak though...

I froze by the exit as I saw Prince Wang Yo and the man earlier on.

Oh my God! Where should I hide?

The guard turned just in time when I attempted to hide behind the pole. He gave me a judgmental look as he wondered what I was doing.

"Hara?" Prince Wang Yo called out to me and I tensed.

Shit! Now I'm doomed!

I face him nervously and gave an awkward smile. "W-what a coincidence! Hahaha!"

"What are you doing here?" He uses his threatening voice again.

Dang it!

The man beside him looked at me curiously but quickly realised something. "Ah! Don't mistaken Princess!" He beat Wang Yo's shoulder lightly as he signalled him something.

However, being the cold prince, he simply shrugged off the action and asked in a firm tone.

"What are you doing out here?" His death glare made my body shivers.

"I... I..." I pursed my lips as I thought hard of what to answer.

"Hara!" Someone shouted for my name and I saw the other princes running towards me.

Thank goodness! You came in just in time!

Or maybe not.

The gisaengs got excited real quick as they got drunk in fascination. Nearly the entire royal members were gathered outside the Gisaeng house now.

"What are you doing here?" Prince Wang Jung had the most confused expression ever. "H-hyung?! You too?!"

"Smells like trouble." Prince Baek Ah mumbles underneath his breath.

Oh God... What have I gotten myself into?

The atmosphere was tense and awkward as everybody tried to figure out each other's motives.

"I can explain." My ultimate life saver came out of the house and stood beside me.

The mother of the house, Mrs Kim, bowed at the princes elegantly. "Let me enlighten your confusion. It was my fault for calling in Princess Hara here because I simply couldn't meet her elsewhere. I wanted to introduce a new series of make up powder to her. Please forgive Princess Hara."

Wow... This woman here could've been the best actress in Seoul. She lies without blinking her eyes!

"Ah... But you could've told us rather than running away! We all got panic attack when we know you're not with us Hara!" Prince Wang Jung seemed to have bought the white lie while Prince Baek Ah and Wang Wook still had their suspicions.

"S-sorry... I don't know how to tell you all that I'm going to the Gisaeng house..." I smiled in relief as the misunderstanding was cleared.

"Well, it's time to head back to the palace. The celebration is starting soon. Let us all not waste any more time." Prince Wang Wook helped us to end the case and we decided to go back to the palace.