Chapter 37: We will meet again, I promise

"Prince Wang Yo!" I shouted for his name several times but my voice was instantly drained.

My heart beats even faster when I saw Prince Wang Yo successfully aims the crown prince with the help of the ninjas distracting the attention of Prince Wang So and Prince Wang Jung.

If I am here to make a change of this incident, I have to stop him!

I squeezed through the people and ran towards the stairs even when Areum and Rin was crying for me to return.

"Princess Hara, where are you going?  It's too dangerous, come back!" Both of them was anxious and couldn't decide if they should follow or not.

I ran down the whole lot of stairs and towards the corridor leading to the area. By then I was already exhausted but something in me told me I have to move on.

"Princess Hara!" Someone stopped me by holding on to my shoulder and he turned me around.

"Please, go back to where you should be." It was Prince Wang Wook and his face was serious as he warned me to not be involved.

"No! I have to stop him! Let me go!" I struggled from his grip but he was too strong.

"It's too dangerous for a woman like you to be there! You don't have a weapon!" He tried to convince me and it worked.

"I will help you. So please, go back to safety." He pleaded with all his might.

"8th Prince!", it was Lady Hae and a young lady that had came.

Prince Wang Wook turned to look at both of them. He instructed them to take me back to the balcony.

"Assist Princess Hara back, it's too dangerous here."

"But what about you?" His wife asked in concern.

Just then, a few ninjas had already broke into the safety zone and they stood in front of us a row, ready to attack.

"What do we have here? Three princess and a prince. The lesser the better. Kill them!" One of them ordered his comrades and they sprinted towards us.

"Stay behind me!" Prince Wang Wook exclaimed as he shoves me to his back to protect me.

Oh my god... May all the Gods keep us safe from these people. I don't want to die yet!

Someone screamed from behind and I turned to see that one of the ninja had already drew close to the two ladies.

"Get away from my sister!" Lady Hae threatened as she tried to protect her sister.

However, the ninja pulled the lady away from Lady Hae and she went rolling down the stairs.

"Hae Soo ah!" Lady Hae cried and I picked up a stone from the ground and threw it to the ninja's eye.

"Ugh!" The ninja covered his eye in pain and the sword he was holding on to fell to the ground.

God damn it! Who should I attend to? Hae Soo or Prince Wang Yo?

"Hae soo ah!" Lady Hae ran down the stairs to look at her unconscious sister.

"Go!" Prince Wang Wook said to me as I stood there helplessly. "Leave it to me."

The corridor of the palace was huge and dark as only a minimal light from the lit torches a path for me.

Horrifying scenarios kept playing in my mind like scenes from the movies as I continue to flee.

Prince Wang Yo attacking the crown prince continuously.