Chapter 23: Unexpected

Evening arrives in a blink of an eye. I pulled out the good luck charm from my pockets and look at it.

"Hmm! Why bother giving him this after all he has done to me? Do people in Goryeo really believe that a good luck charm can bring luck to them?" I placed the charm on the table angrily as I felt pity for myself.

Here I thought I could live in Goryeo having been surrounded by handsome princes, and having a good looking husband but this is all so wrong!

A short vision of Prince Wang Yo being surrounded by ninjas in black during a festival played and a ninja jumped up high, ready to slash him down.

I suddenly felt dizzy as I rest my head on the table, trying to make out what I just saw. Ninjas...were trying to kill Prince Wang Yo? But why...?

Having the sudden fear for Prince Wang Yo made me stood up from my chair. "Prince Wang Yo might really be in danger! I have to warn him!" I rushed hurriedly to his chambers before he leaves the palace.

On the way, I happened to bumped into my father with a few ministers. The smile he gave me irks my emotions.

"Oh Hara, could I have a talk with you?"

A talk?! Why would I want to have a talk with a murderer?

I wanted to say that out loud but who knows what he would do. Plus, there are his people over here, they'd probably slash me in no time.

"Yes." I said emotionlessly.

My father smiles awkwardly to the ministers as they left us to have a chat. He waited until they were completely gone before speaking up.

"Hara, I apologise for scaring you the other day. Would you forgive me?" He reaches out for my hands and the touch of it irritates me.

I quickly pulled away quickly as I spat, "How could I forgive someone who wanted to kill me? What more you are my father!" My blood was boiling to the limit and if this is 2015, I would've killed his balls.

"I never thought it would lead danger to you. I was only trying to keep you from danger."

Oh. my. God. What is this old hag sprouting about? Protect me?!

"You wanted to kill me." I said coldly.

"I wouldn't if you haven't eavesdrop our conversation! Where did my lovable daughter went to?! You should be supporting me, not bringing me down!" He shamelessly pushed the blame to me.

How dare he had the face to say that to me!

"You are not my father! Don't ever appear in front of me again or I will kick your balls!" I yelled.

"K-kick my balls?! Park Hara what nonsense are you saying?! How could you be so rude to your father!" He was shouting at the top of his lungs but I couldn't stand being with him any longer. I walked off as he commanded me to return.

I arrived outside of Prince Wang Yo's chambers as I cooled myself down as I awaits the guard to allow me to go in.

Relax, don't let that scumbag affect your emotions.

"Oh, you're here. Have a seat." Prince Wang Yo already had his outfit ready as the servants helped him prepare for his baggage.

I approached him nervously and stopped in front of the chair.

How should I start?

"What's wrong?" He asked as he adjust his gloves. "Do you have something to give me?"

"W-what?" I stuttered. How did he know I wanted to give him the charm?!

"So you do have something to give me. Could it be the lucky charm you sewed for me during class today?" He handed out his hand to me, clearly expecting it ever since.