30-Preparations

(Dylan P.O.V)

"No, I want it to be a surprise." Diana said.

We all look at her, surprised. But it's her choice.

Dr. Forbes nods and stands up.

"Alrighty then. It looks like we're all finished here. But please keep in mind that werewolf pregnancies are different from human pregnancies. Humans are pregnant for 9 months, while a werewolf is pregnant for 5 months. Would you like pictures of the ultrasound?" He asks putting supplies away.

"Yes!" Sam shoots.

"Alrighty then." Dr. Forbes trails, still recovering from Sam's quick outburst.

Forbes leaves the room leaving us alone.

"Diana, we are very proud of you." Mom says, fixing Diana's shirt. Diana bursts into tears and collapses into Mom's arms. They hug for a while until we all pile onto them for a group hug.

After what felt like an eternity, we all pull apart and I felt this sort of peaceful aura in the room. I guess we all needed this. J wipes Diana's tears away and they smile at each other.

Suddenly, the door slams open and Juàrez and Juan walk in.

"Thanks for the invite." Juan sarcastically says. He then see's the tears on Diana, J, and Mom's face and he sobers up.

"Sorry we didn't come sooner. We didn't know you were getting an ultrasound." Juàrez spoke.

"That's okay. It's not your fault." Diana says smiling.

"So did you find out the gender?" Juan excitedly asks.

"I want it to be a surprise." Diana says.

"Oh." Is all Juan says.

"So, do you all want to go out for some ice cream?" Dad chimes in.

"Yes please." Sam's says groaning.

•°•

We walk into Dairy Queen and find a booth by the windows. We sit down and Dad asks us what we want.

"Chocolate ice cream cone please." Diana says.

"Me too." Sam adds.

Dad nods at them and look at Juan and Juàrez.

"Mint chocolate chip." Juàrez says.

"Oreo blizzard for me." Juan says.

Then Dad looks at me, Mom, and J.

"Brownie batter for me." J says.

"I'll have vanilla with sprinkles." Mom spoke.

"And I want a double chocolate." I finish.

Dad nods his head and walks away to get our ice cream.

"So Diana how are you feeling?" J asks.

"To be honest, scared. I'm only 18 and I'm pregnant. It's a huge change in my life. But if all that pain means that I get to hold me son or daughter in my hand and see him or her smile, then I'll go through the same pain a thousand times, to see it." She finishes.