1

"Julia get ready, you're going to be late for school." I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

I was really tired, so I went back asleep. Minutes later, I felt someone tugging on my arm. I open my eyes to see my mom.

"Julia get up!" She scolded.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled into my pillow.

"In five minutes there won't be anymore chocolate chip pancakes." She said.

And with that I shot out of my bed and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower.

I decided on some dark wash skinny jeans and my P!ATD t-shirt. I put my clothes on and grabbed my converse and quickly put them on. I don't really wear much makeup, but I would usually put some concealer to cover my hideous bags. I added some mascara and eyeliner too. I brushed my hair and put it up in a bun.

I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs.

"Wow, someone's looking hot." My older brother Dylan said, mocking my appearance.

Dylan is pretty good looking, with his golden brown hair and green eyes. Hs stands 6ft tall, and pretty muscular.

Dylan playfully whistled at me and I smacked his arm. I sat down and instantly started to snack on my pancakes.

"Hey, you need a ride to school?" Dylan asked.

"No, I'm gonna walk after eating that many pancakes." I said laughing.

"Oh okay, I'll walk with you." He said picking up his backpack.

Let me clarify some things. For some psychotic reason, Dylan is the most popular boy in the school. Typical right? Every girl fawns over him. Which again, is typical.

"So J, are you excited to find your mate?" He asked.

That question made my mind wonder what my mate would be like. Would he be nice? Would my family like him? I really hope that they do, that's my number one priority.

"Yeah. I wonder what he will be like." I answered.
...

We're walking up the school steps when everyone stops to look at us. Some look at us with respect because our dad is the Alpha, making Dylan the upcoming Alpha. While the other look at us with disgust. But I could care less.

My wolf Hazel is all white with black paws. The black paws show that I'm an alpha's child. She also has pure gold eyes.

Dylan's wolf Ryder is huge. He's a black wolf and has yellow eyes. There would be times when guys would challenge Dylan for the upcoming Alpha position, and so when it comes down to fight, a lot of them would see Dylan's wolf and from there they would back down.

Dylan is not one of those snobby, popular people. He doesn't consider himself popular. He actually hates being called popular because he thinks that it's absolute bullshit.

Our wolves are rare and dangerous because we originate from a different bloodline.

We come with really cool powers. I come with the power of mind reading and I can see into the future. I need training to learn how to control it. As for seeing into the future, it comes randomly, like a vision.

Dylan has the powers to slow down time for only ten seconds, and telekinesis. Again, like I said, we need to train to learn them. Our trainers say that we should only use them when we need to, and not just for fun. Using our powers drains us of our energy and is important to use them with caution.
•••••••••••••••••••
Dylan and I have our first class together, so we always walk together. While were walking, a group of girls walk up to me and say hi. They acted as if they're my friends, and soon enough they adverted their attention to Dylan.

"Oh Dylan, hey!" One girl says.

"We didn't see you there." Another says.

"There's a party at Tristan's later. Want to come with me? We'll have lots of fun." One more said, adding a wink in the end.

He just laughs and walks right past them. While walking, I turn back and see them glaring at me. Honestly, if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

We walk into first hour. We have Mr. Mason, the algebra teacher. He's so damn boring, it's unreal.

25 minutes later...

So here I am trying not to sleep. I start to look around, and I see the same girls from before hitting on Dylan. Somehow, Dylan is amused by that and laughing at how hard they're trying to get his attention.

I got bored of watching, so I turned around. As I turn around I see a huge, and let me clarify HUGE freaking spider dangling in front of my face!

I scream and jump out of my seat. Everyone turns back and laughs at me. But I don't care about that right now. I want that spider gone.

Dylan stands up and kills it with his bare hands. BARE HANDS! He takes the left over body parts and puts it in my face.

"Dylan I swear to god, if you don't throw it away..." I start to threaten.

Thankfully Mr. Mason yells at Dylan to stop horsing around and to throw the spider away. Dylan laughs and throws it away. He sits back down and class goes on as if nothing happened.

But I did receive some death glares from the girls for ruining their chance with Dylan. I mentally laughed at them.

Try hards.