My Worst Nightmare

Chapter 4

                I screamed. I shot up from my bed once again clutching the covers in my hands as hard as possible. I clutched onto them for dear life as I gasped for breath. My breathing was deep and I was trying as best as I could to calm down. I dreamt of the day I got my scar. I was horrified and traumatised.

                The beads of sweat ran down my forehead. My hair was a mess and was falling across my face hiding everything from view. I was shaking once again. I shivered in disgust and in hurt. I remembered the feeling of pain dart across my side. I hated my nightmares. They were so realistic it was terrifying. I couldn’t stand this. I just couldn’t do this.

                My breathing finally came even and normal as I pulled myself from the bed and somehow managed to drag myself into the shower. I felt the cool water droplets drop down my skin delicately. The warmth was beautiful and soothing against my skin. It felt like it was washing my nightmare and the worries of it away from me. I placed some shower gel on my skin which was the same as my scent, orange and passion fruit. It was a very exotic scent unlike everyone else’s and it was surprising because most rogues have this horrible stench. So me, having a scent is quite weird.

                Once I had finished showering, I quickly dried my hair and my body before pulling out some clothes. I quickly changed into them before brushing my hair. I pulled on my leather boots before checking my appearance in the mirror one final time before I walked out of my caravan. People were already up and working doing their tasks for the day.

                I walked through with my head held high. I didn’t look at any of them. My face was void of any emotion. I looked cold and dominating. This is exactly how I wanted to look. I wanted people to avoid me. So if it meant I should come across as a total cow than that is what I would be. I wanted to be left alone. I didn’t need to suffer having to cope with all these rogues. My father was more than enough for me.

                I walked into the food tent and grabbed some breakfast. I quickly ate down my food before leaving. I went straight to the meeting room. My father was doing another report meeting about this particular pack. It was only a matter of time before one of the mated women of the pack wander alone too much or only with a few others and they get captured. Things only usually went downhill from that moment on.

                I entered the room and realised my father was already there. Damn it! Why the hell was he up this early for? My eyes widened for a split second as I saw him sat in his chair waiting. He was the only one there. Everyone was late. He was going to be so annoyed. So enraged. I could see the black of his wolf clearly dominant in his eyes. I was shaking and my breathing was speeding up rapidly.

                I was terrified. I shook as I stood there not knowing what to do. I felt myself get light headed. God. I didn’t need to pass out right now. I couldn’t. He would kill me. I was guaranteed to get a beating for this. I took a deep breath before I strode in trying to be as confident as possible. I walked straight up to my father.

                “You are late!” he spat.