I didn't see that Coming

Chapter 23

                My head was pounding. My stomach was numb. My back was stinging. I groaned in pain. My left leg felt weird. I struggled my eyes open hoping to not to see my father yet. He wasn’t there. I sighed in relief. My eye was still slightly swollen but I could see from it which is all that mattered. I looked around the room which had my dry blood splattered across it. I shuddered in disgust.

                I was still hung up from the chains in the ceiling. Everything was aching. My arms were feeling the ache from hanging for god knows how many hours. I had never felt so awful. I had never felt so terrible. Everything hurt. I looked down at my leg and that was the worst mistake I could have done. Because of my werewolf healing, the bone had healed but not totally in line. I would have to re-break it and set it.

                I pulled on the chains which I knew was hopeless but I had to try something. I was hopeless hanging here. I hung my head and saw my mattered hair which had my own blood in it. I was going to die here. I was sure of this now. I was sure I was going to die. Hopefully, Xander took my advice and would attack today and preferably soon. He needs to defeat him.

                I felt so exposed just in my torn leggings and my bra. My shoes and socks had been discarded at some point but it was all a blur. I was struggling to remember my name right now. My head was so fuzzy and I was hurting all over. I looked over at a table in the corner of the room. There were a couple of syringes with the shift preventing drug in it. Next to that were some silver knives and some whips which were covered in my blood.

                The door crept open and my eyes shot to the door. My father was back. He was going to continue. I might even be killed today. I could see it coming. I watched the door as it crept open and a torturing slow place. I waited for my father’s towering frame to walk through the door but that never happened. Someone else entirely walked through.

                It was someone I recognised. It wasn’t a rogue. It was a Silver Moon Pack member.

                “Jamie?” I gasped, feeling totally confused.

                Jamie walked in to the room confidently and coolly. He smirked at me with an evil glint within his eyes which I had never once seen from him. It was like he had a total personality transplant. He walked in with a confident swagger with a smirk plastered across his face and the black of his wolf prominent within his eyes.

                “Morning, Princess. Looking a bit worse for wear, aren’t we?” He laughed, as he walked over to the table with the instruments on the table.

                “Jamie? What the hell? Why are you here?” I spoke in a rush as my thoughts escaped my mouth.

                “Yes. I am Jamie and I will tell you in a minute,” he smirked.

                I kept my eyes on him as I watched him pick up a syringe. He sauntered over to me with not a care in the world. He raised his arm with the syringe held in it before moving it towards my neck. I fought to keep him away from me only to receive a strong blow to the stomach knocking the air out of me. Jamie took the opportunity to move my hair over my shoulder and plunge the syringe into my neck.