Meeting the Alpha

Chapter 10

                I was in the arms of my mate, Xander. I was pressed against his bare chest as he carried me up the stairs. I pressed my hands into my shirt to try and stem the slightly blood flow. I could feel his body heat against mine. I could feel his warm breath against my skin. I could feel his ever addicting scent as it encircled me. I was drawn to it. Addicted. I was addicted to every part of it.

                I was silent. I didn’t say anything. I was just enjoying this moment. I was in the arms of my mate and I felt amazing. It was just a shame this probably wouldn’t last. I unconsciously pressed my head against his bare chest. I could feel his heart beating beneath me. I felt him shudder slightly and I thought I felt his head come close to my head. I felt him breath in my scent and shiver slightly.

                It was nice to know that I had the same effect on him as he had on me. He was driving me crazy. I was lost in the mix of emotions that I could feel right now. There were so many emotions I couldn’t pick out each individual one. I was just one swirling mess of emotions right now.

                I faintly felt us move up past the second floor and up to the top floor. There was no one around. It was just us in the various corridors. I vaguely made out that we were moving down a corridor before we stopped at a door. I felt him kick it open with his foot before he carried me into the room. He placed me gently on to the edge of the bed which I moved myself into a sitting position.

                “Wait there,” Xander spoke soothingly, before he went to another room I assumed was the bathroom.

                I took the opportunity to look around the room. It was a blue colour but everything was clean and tidy. In one corner of the room was a huge television with games consoles underneath. I guess even the Alpha needed to have fun at some point. His bed was neatly made and everything was in place. It was surprisingly clean.

                I looked back down at my hands and saw the dirt and soil still in the cuts. I was breathing deeply trying to keep myself calm and collected. Today had been a long day. I hadn’t turned the big eighteen. No one even knew. How sad was my life?

                I continued looking around the room. I stood up and walked over to a desk. On it were a few pack sheets with some of his Alpha work but it was the pictures I were looking at. There were about four pictures in total. One caught my eye. It was a full family photo. I carefully picked it up trying not to bloody it and looked at it.

                There were five of them in total. There was an older version of Xander which was his father, then there was a beautiful woman with golden blonde hair. They had their arms around each other. In front were two boys and a girl. I could see Xander. He must have been around fourteen at the time. Then there was a slightly younger blonde boy who was probably twelve at the time and finally a young dark brown haired girl who was probably eight. They were all smiling happily. It was the perfect family photo.

                They were all so happy and you could see how much they really loved each other. I wish I had that. That love. That security. That happiness. I felt a tear roll down my face which was soon followed another until I found myself quietly crying. This picture symbolised everything that I hadn’t had. The Family. The Childhood. Everything.