Sorting out my Problems

Chapter 20

                I don’t know how long I remained sat in the bathroom. I was there for what felt like hours. My mind was in overdrive thinking about every twist and turn and outcome that come out of all of this chaos. War was coming and I was going to face my father but he would realise that Xander was my mate and he wouldn’t stop until he successfully killed him in front of my eyes.

                God, my life is such a mess. Everything is chaos. Nothing is ever simple. I have an abusive father who is king of the rogues. I am his daughter he never wanted. I was beaten, bruised and scarred and so many times I had been close to death. Then there was a twist of fate. I found my mate and I made my escape. So here I am, now marked and still as scared as before. Yet now, I am not only scared for myself but I am scared for the person that I love and the pack I am with. That is more terrifying than anything I have ever experienced before.

                I hated it. I hated feeling like this.

                I groaned into my hands which were pressed against my face. The war was going to be soon. The signal to contact the Werewolf Council was still jammed by my father and the rogues. The borders around our territory were being guarded so we couldn’t call for help. We were essentially boxed in and waiting to be attacked.

                Although, we had a better chance. The rogues were now one hundred less than before meaning we had the advantage but I was sure my father had a plan up his sleeve. He always did. He never went into a war with a disadvantage. Once again I was lost within the thoughts in my head. I was thinking through plans and ways to win. My wolf was being no help at all. Anna was still full of herself and sighing happily at the mark on my neck. If I could slap some sense into her, I would right now.

                Suddenly there was a tap on the door behind me which startled me slightly. I sighed before speaking.

                “Go away, Xander,” I shouted so he would get the message.

                “Jennifer. It’s me, Jamie,” Jamie replied back.

                “Sorry Jamie but I am not in the mood for talking right now,” I sighed back.

                “Sometimes you need to talk to clear your head. Come on. I am not Xander, I am like a friend,” Jamie persuaded.

                “Ok. I am coming,” I sighed back.

                I heaved myself up from the floor before unlocking the bolt on the door and opening it up. Jamie was sat on the edge of the bed looking towards me. He was dressed casually and smiled lightly as I came in. I walked over and sat beside him. I watched him look at the mark which was easily seen with my hair up like this.

                “Xander told me what happened,” Jamie spoke.