Just Another Eventful Day

Chapter 13

                I woke up a couple of hours later still feeling as exhausted as I did when I collapsed into the bed before. I really needed to sort my life out. If only it was that easy. I had poured my heart out to Xander’s mother and I just prayed that she wouldn’t tell him. He didn’t need to know. He didn’t need this extra burden.

                I was such a bad mate. I had to come here dragging all of my problems with me. I had a rogue pack probably hunting me down if they didn’t already realise where I was and I am with another pack who hate me anyway. I was stuck. If I went on the run, the rogues would hunt me down, this pack would hunt me down and so would the Werewolf council.

                I got up from the bed and realised that my hair and clothes were a total state. I climbed from my bed and freshened myself up again. I re-brushed my hair again until it was once again smooth and I brushed my teeth. I changed my clothes once again before going back into the room. I noticed the tray on the desk which had some lunch on it. It was a chicken mayo sandwich and some orange juice.

                I took the tray and placed it on the edge of the bed before sitting next to it. I took into the lunch suddenly realising how hungry I really was. It didn’t take long for me to have eaten all of the food. I placed the tray back on the desk before lying on the bed looking at the ceiling. I placed my hands to my head as I groaned.

                Why couldn’t things ever be easy? Why couldn’t I have a normal life like everyone else? Why does my life have to be like this? I never wanted or asked for this. I am not a bad person, yet here I am. Everyone hates me and sees me as I bad person. How can I change that? I can’t.

                I heard the faint laughing coming from the back yard. It was children laughing and cheering. It sounded so nice and happy. I never had that. I had no children to grow up around, so I never experienced any of this before. I got up from my position on the bed and walked over to the locked windows.

                I glanced out of the window over the huge back yard which had a pool and huge seating areas. I saw some women, obviously mothers, sat watching as the kids ran around the grass looking as if they were playing tag. I laughed quietly as I watched them play with each other. Their laughter was addictive and I couldn’t help but smile as I saw their fun.

                This is what I wanted my childhood to have been like. I wished that I could have had all of this fun and laughter, friends and games. I wished I could have had a life where I could have played and have fun. Such security. This was childhood. This was what I had missed out on.

                I felt a single tear roll slowly and gently down my cheek. I quickly rubbed it away before turning away from the window and I walked back through the room. I sighed heavily. My life was so depressing. I just wanted one time of fun. I wanted one time of perfection. Just to have experience pure happiness just once. I don’t ask for my whole life just one single moment.

                Suddenly, the door slammed open. I startled, turning around quickly to face the door expecting to see Xander. How had I lost concentration so much as to not hear the lock on the door not open? I need to get my head together, especially in times like this. Anyone can be enemy? Is it even worth trying to survive?