Taking Responsibility

Hey everyone! 

It seems like ages since i have posted because i am off from College at the moment. Two weeks holiday but spending it all revising for my A Level exams. 

my head is bursting with the amount of information i know. 

anyway. 126,000 reads!!!!! OMG! That is amazing. i remember looking back at like chapter 5 and i was saying thank you for about 1000 reads. 
3000 votes too!!!! WOW!

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe X

Chapter 42

                Getting back to the pack house as a free woman was thrilling. I was so overjoyed and thrilled. Just that word, free, made my day. No one could stop me. My father, my jailor was dead. The Council had given me freedom. Nothing could stop me anymore. All the chains that had bound me down. All the weight and guilt on my shoulders were beginning to lift. I felt like a new person.

                Our group had entered the pack house and our things were taken to our rooms but right now I just wanted peace and quiet with my mate. Xander could sense that and made polite excuses to Michael and his parents before he took hold of my hand and pulled me with him. I smiled lightly as we walked down the various corridors until we reached the back garden.

                Pack members bowed their heads in respect but didn’t approach us sensing already that we needed out space. Xander escorted me into the woods for a little while but I didn’t question him. I listened to the sound of the forest and the smell of the woods. Calmness swept over me as Xander pulled me along through the various colours of the forest.

                The sound of flowing water hit my ears and I immediately became increasingly curious as to where Xander was taking me.

                “Xander? Where are we going?” I asked him.

                “Shhh,” He replied, making me laugh and I saw the corner of his mouth twitch slightly in his trade mark style.

                Eventually we reached a small clearing with a small stream passing through the middle. It was beautiful and the sound of the water running gently over rocks and down the stream was soothing and calming. Xander walked over to a tree before sitting down with his back against the trunk. I looked down at Xander as he reached out grabbed my hand and pulled me down onto his lap making me squeal in shock.

                “XANDER!” I exclaimed, as I got myself comfy.

                He laughed in response as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me against his chest so I was now sat sideways leaning against his chest. Silence drew on us for a second as we each enjoyed this dearly intimate moment.

                “I’m free,” I spoke, finally breaking the silence.

                Xander kissed me lightly on the top of my hair before speaking, “I know you are and now you can live the rest of your life with me.”

                “And I can’t wait,” I replied, looking around to Xander.

                Xander leant in and kissed me delicately on my lips. It was tentative and sweet as my hand went up to cup his face. Xander’s hands rested at my hips as the kiss intensified. I felt so happy here in Xander’s arms. I would never have to worry about losing or leaving him ever again. This was my life forever and I couldn’t wait.