Things can Never be Simple

Chapter 19

                I woke up what was pretty early. I snuggled back under my covers still feeling tired from the training session yesterday afternoon. I pulled the covers tightly around both me and Xander who was asleep just behind me. His arm was draped across my waist and he was pressed directly against my back. I felt so comfortable and felt so at ease right now. It was nice but I couldn’t help but feel like this was merely the calm before the storm. I guess it was.

                I didn’t fall back asleep. I just remained lying here cherishing each and every moment I spent in Xander’s arms. I never knew when this could easily be wiped away from me. My life and fate was cruel in that kind of way. I never did seem to find peace. I never seemed to find a point in which I could just settle and enjoy the world and enjoy life.

                I looked around the side of the room. My gaze ran over the picture on Xander’s desk. I saw him, Jamie, Molly and his parents looking so happy in that picture. It was perfect and it was of family. I began to let my mind wander then. I thought to what would happen after the war.

                What would happen if this pack won? Would I stay? Would I leave? Would the werewolf council come for me? What if I did stay? What if the council left me alone? Would I be able to stay? Would I be able to have a family and have a future? I really hope so. I just want a normal life. Is that really too much to ask?

                I decided to get up then. I wiggled gently from Xander’s grasp careful not to wake him as I did so. I stood up and stretched out before walking into the closet. I grabbed some black leggings and a white flowing t-shirt as well as some underwear before walking towards the bathroom. I closed and locked the door before brushing my teeth and my hair.

                I stripped from my clothing before dumping them into a washing basket. I turned on the shower so it was pouring down fast and sorted it into the right temperature before climbing in. I felt the warm water hit my body and run down into the bottom. It felt so soothing. I washed myself and my hair before climbing out of the shower.

                I wrapped the towel securely around my body before walking over to the cabinet with the huge mirror above it. I grabbed the brush and brushed gently through my long black hair. I worked my way through the tangles until it was now perfectly straight. I quickly blow dried it so it now hung down my body totally straight. I was now dry so I pulled on my undergarments and my clothes before chucking the towel into the wash basket. I went back over to the mirror then and looked back at my hair.

                I decided to do something different for a change. I began to braid sections of my hair before pulling it all out of my hair into an intricate bun on the back of my head. I looked back at my appearance and saw my eyes which were sparkling blue. I had never seen them so vibrant.

                You had never been so content. Anna replied flatly.

                I smiled knowing that was probably true but I couldn’t get too light headed about it all. I couldn’t let myself get carried away. I still had to stop my father and I must never forget that. I couldn’t allow myself to forget that otherwise a lot of innocent people would get hurt and I didn’t want another death. No more bloodshed by my father’s hand.