Here goes Nothing

Chapter 9

                The Beta came right up to me and snarled furiously at me before stalking away and behind a tree. I waited for a while as I felt the wolves around me growing ever more restless by the second. I was getting nervous. The Beta was so angry. I wasn’t surprised considering the state of the girl, his mate when she was handed back to him.

                I caught a glimpse of movement from behind a tree and the rustle of a bush before the Beta came back. He was now wearing some jogging bottoms but his chest was bare. He was about the same age as me with blonde hair. His blue eyes held one emotion for me. That of hatred. I flinched back from his harsh glare. If looks could kill, I would be dead right now.

                He stopped just in front of me. He was silent for a second as he looked me up and down as if I was a piece of dirt. As if I was a disease.

                “How dare you come here, Princess of the Rogues? You have no right. No right at all,” the beta spat at me, I could sense his anger if every word he spoke.

                “I want to see your Alpha,” I replied back firmly.

                “How dare you talk to me like that you bitch? You’re just as bad as your father. We knew there were rumours of him having a daughter. They were unlikely rumours and aren’t really believed in but now I see you, I hate you. You disgust me. You are just like your father,” The Beta shouted, stepping towards me as he said so.

                “I am nothing. NOTHING like my father. You don’t know me. Don’t judge me,” I spoke back, harshly, annoyed at his statement.

                I hated my father. I was nothing like him. I never wanted to be like him. I wasn’t a heartless murderer. I didn’t enjoy seeing others in pain. I didn’t enjoy taking down packs. I didn’t want to take down any packs. I just want a normal life. I didn’t want him as my father. Yet, no one will ever believe that.

                He strode forward grabbing me roughly by the throat and began to add pressure. I was beginning to struggle for breath. A burning in my throat began as I tried to suck in as much oxygen as I could. He looked at me harshly but I could see the evil glint in his eye. He was enjoying my pain.

                “Well, considering my mate was captured and tortured and I have her crying in my bed right now because she can’t sleep. Don’t dare tell me not to judge. She will have scars for the rest of her life. Mentally and physically. I will judge you and your scum as I see fit. Just be glad I haven’t broken your neck yet,” the beta spat.

                I was gasping for breath and I gripped onto his arm to push him from me. I managed to push him from me and I collapsed to the ground clutching at my neck as I breathed in the much needed oxygen. I kept my head down and tried to regulate my breathing so it went back to normal.

                “I never wanted the girls to get taken. Christ, I don’t even won’t any pack to get destroyed. I tried to stop them but my life is on the line as much as theirs,” I chocked out.