5. Jerk

Flashback

Top's POV

The weather was cloudy and the sky slowly turned to gray. Kids were still out playing and my friends were still there in the park.

Basketball was my hobby and I always played it with my friends in the basketball court just beside the small park where kids usually hang out.

Since my house was only a few minutes away from the basketballcourt, I ran to the basketballcourt despite the gloomy weather outside.

But I brought an umbrella, just in case.

"You're late. The match is over." One of my friend told me while waving at me.

Guess I was just too late.

I walked to the park to see Jong Ki talking to a girl.

Jong Ki was my enemy. We had quite a rough history together and we didn't talk since my girlfriend cheated on me with him.

They were talking excitedly but the girl looked familiar, I think she went to my school.

While feeling like a stalker, I overheard their conversation and guess what they were talking about?

Superheroes.

Jong Ki waved at her and walked away while she stayed on the bench while looking around the park despite the weather.

The park slowly went empty because of the sound of the thunder but the girl stayed.

I was confused at the choice of the girl, the thunder was shouting loudly yet, she didn't even flinch. She just stayed while eyeing the empty park alone.

Because of my curiousity, I decided to go near her but she didn't even notice my presence.

"Hey!" I greeted.

She looked at me and gave me a vague smile.

"Ya!" I said.

"Do I know you?" She asked coldly.

"You're Jongki's friend right? I'm his friend so we're kind of related." I asked.

She turned to me.

"Yeah."

Her face was already turning red.

I felt bad for her, he was a jerk.

"Don't fall for him. He's just a jerk." I warned.

She scoffed in return.

"And you're not?"

"You don't even know me." I said in my defense.

"I'm Jongki's friend." She retorted back.

"I'm not related to him at all."

"You just told me that you're his friend." She pointed out.

"I hate him."

"He sure has many haters. You're just jealous." She sassed.

"As if." I scoffed.

Talking to her angered me. It was because she defended him, that jerk.

So I decided to pay him back.

No, not my making her fall for me. That was a jerk move.

But by torturing her.

I left my umbrella on the bench for her and ran to my house.

She didn't noticed and that was a good thing because she had to think that I was the one who picked on her so Joonki would feel the pain.

I was so absorbed in vegeance that I didn't even realised that I was actually slowly falling in love with her.

Present

Rachel's POV

He was day dreaming, probably reminiscing of the past.

Our past.

"Wish we could turn back time, to the-"

"Good old days!" He cut me off, finishing the song.

He turned to me and tried not to laugh but he failed and ended up laughing out loud.

I just looked at him and wonder what was so funny.

The park was empty, probably because of the weather. Talk about dejavu.

But we were still here, like the old days. Except for the fact that I had hated his guts for insulting my old crush who turned out to be a total jerk.

"I'm sorry." I confessed.

"For what?" He turned to look at me.

"For insulting you. He really is a jerk." I muttered.

"I already knew I would end up telling you 'I told you so'. But still, you were quite hard-headed just like now." He grinned.

"Wait, let's take a picture!" He grabbed his phone, unlocked it and we took several pictures together.

"Let me see."

"No."

"Why?"

"Promise not to be angry?" He asked.

"Whatever." I said before turning to look at our picture.

I was already fuming.

Now I understood why he was trying hard not to laugh.

That jerk!

He drew a cat moustache on my cheeks and a black dot on my nose.