16. Maybe it's too late

Rachel's POV

It was a humble party. The walls were decorated with banners and posters of YG idols and there were 3 long tables that were connected together to form a really long table. In front of the tables stood a small stage and Seungri was currently testing the mics while standing on the stage.

I was told that this ramen restaurant was owned by Seungri and the ramens were extremely tasty.

I walked to the table and sat on one of the chair, celebrities were chatting with each other and everyone had smiles on each of their faces.

I sat down and looked around before I noticed SeungHyun walking to the room and smiling at the guests. He caught my eyes and looked away immediately as if he was avoiding me. He really was avoiding me and it was making me feel uneasy.

I focused on the menu before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

It was SeungHyun.

I gave him a glare before narrowing my eyes at him.

"What? So you're done ignoring me now?" I snapped which caused him to wince at my tone.

He heaved a defeated sigh before pointing towards the exit door.

I followed his lead and we were now at the back of the restaurant. The smell of freshly cut grass lifted my mood instantly.

"Are you dating TaeHyun?" He asked out of the blue.

"What? Did you actually believe the rumours?"

"I'm the one who should be angry, you don't know how it makes me feel, Rachel." He said in a tone that broke my heart, it made him seem like he was struggling.

"It was all fake. I never even thought of him as my boyfriend!" I defended myself.

"What about the picture then? I'm sure it's not photoshopped."

"He took it when I was sleeping. I did not even know about it until it was out to the public." I said.

"But look how it made me look. It made me look like I am the girlfriend stealer!"

"So it's not about us."

"What do you mean?" He asked, annoyed.

"It's about your freaking image. I thought you're mad at me because you misunderstood and you did not even let me explain before assuming nonsensical things." I grunted.

"Who doesn't care about their image?" He asked.

"I'm done arguing with you. I guess I'm the one who has misunderstood here." I spatted before walking away.

"Rachel Kim!" He shouted.

I ignored him and continued walking towards the restaurant with tears streaming down my face.

I must have looked like a fool.

I thought he was mad because of the misunderstanding, yet he turned out to be mad about his image because of the rumours.

It was like he did not give a shit about us.

Like there was no us.

And here I thought we were actually dating.

I was such a fool to believe his words.
I've never felt so embarrassed before.

I rushed to the bathroom and washed my face. My eyes were already red but it was not as puffy so I just walked out of the bathroom with a fake smile plastered on my face before sitting on the chair to be served with a big bowl of ramen.