13. Abs covered with fats

Rachel's POV

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm instead of the sound of chirping birds because that would be almost impossible, I didn't have a window nearby.

I was free until 6pm because the filming for the action movie with SeungHyun would start at 6pm but even so, I should set my alarm because I had to wake up early to work out.

I was working on having abs but it was impossible for me because doughnuts are life.

I changed into my black nike sports bra with a tight black leggings and tied my hair up into a ponytail. I walked out of my room to the kitchen and drank a cup of warm oolong tea before walking to the gym.

My brother wanted a gym in a house because he was too lazy to register for a gym membership. But having a gym in your house was truly a great help because you don't have to leave your house just to lose some weight.

I started with 100 jumping jacks before proceeding to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes then I proceeded to work on my stomach and I did exactly what my trainer had told me to.

Just when I was about to rest, my phone was blaring with the familiar ringtone.

It was SeungHyun.

"Hey."

"Are you free?" He asked, his voice was raspier than before.

"Yeah until 6."

"Want to hang out? I'm kind of bored too." He suggested excitedly.

"Yeah sure, I'll be done at 9." I replied.

"Why does it take so long for you to get ready?" He asked. He seemed genuinely curious though.

"I'm still working out."

"I was actually thinking about going to the gym but I'm too lazy. So you're at the gym now? Who's going to pick you home?" He asked.

"I'm at my house, working out." I clarified.

"You have a gym at home?" He asked, surprised.

"Kind of. It's not that complete though." I said.

"Well, I'll arrive at your house soon. I'll wait for you to get ready. Oh, want some healthy smoothies? I'll bring them to you, it's amazing!" He said excitedly.

"Yeah sure. You can come anytime." I said.

"Okay, bye." He hung up.

I was feeling giddy because I would be meeting him today. And I was smiling like crazy.

Gosh, I should really stop acting this way. What happened to me?

I proceeded to work out until someone came into the room.

"Hey sister!" My brother greeted.

"Heh" I grunted.

"Working out huh."

"Yeah." I grunted while sitting back up.

"Can you see the abs forming?" I asked him.

"No, its just covered with all your fats." He laughed before narrowing his eyes at me.

"Wait, why are you wearing sports bra? What if anyone sees you wearing that?"

"It's normal. There's no one home except for mom and ajumma."

"But what if there's someone visiting?"

Shit, SeungHyun was coming.

And then SeungHyun came into the room.

My brother looked at him and me before walking to SeungHyun and guiding SeungHyun out from the room.

What was he doing?

I rushed out of the room and saw SeungHyun's nervous expression. He spotted me and mouthed 'help me' before my brother turned around and blocked SeungHyun's view.

"Don't look at my sister. She's not wearing any shirt right now."

SeungHyun turned red.

"It's normal oppa. It's just a sportsbra for god's sake. Even mom is fine with it." I sighed.

"You should go get ready. You're really sweaty, you burned enough calaries today."

I sighed and went to my room.

"Don't even try sneaking a look at her back." My brother threatened as I made my way to the room with my face looking down on the floor.

I took the quickest shower and washed my hair. I blow dried by hair for 3 minutes before changing into a black cropped t-shirt and a white tennis skirt.

I put on a blush and some lip tint to look presentable before I rushed down the stairs to meet my mom and brother who were throwing questions at SeungHyun who looked as if he was about to cry.

"Guys, stop interrogating him please. He's not a con-artist, he's a normal person who sings and acts for a living." I explained to them even though they knew about the fact that SeungHyun was not a bad guy.

"No, we were only chatting and getting to know him." Mom smiled, her crinkles showing.

"Yeah, just talking and getting to know each other." My brother confirmed.

"Of course." I sarcastically replied.

"That is why SeungHyun oppa looked like he was about to cry." I finished.

"Don't say that." Mom said, giving SeungHyun an apologetic look.

"Sorry, Rachel can be awfully blunt sometimes." She apologised to the blushing SeungHyun.

"Alright, we're going out today. I'll be home when my schedule ends." I said to my mom before taking SeungHyun's hand and guiding him towards the door.

My brother still stared at SeungHyun quizically, like he was still trying to find out more about the person SeungHyun was while my mom smiled warmly at us while grinning to herself.

"You shouldn't have come here." I said when we were already outside the house.

"No, it's okay. And thanks for saying that I was about to cry." He retorted before hopping inside his black shiny porsche.

"But you were extremely uncomfortable." I pointed out.

"Your brother's scary." He said before starting up the car.

I laughed in return before spotting 2 cups of juice that had weird colours. Like combination of green and pink.

"What's that?"

He handed my 1 of the cups.

"It's the smoothie I made. You have to try it, it's extremely tasty." He said.

I sipped the smoothie and I almost spit out the drink.

It tasted like a thousand of lemons were added in the juice. It was horrible.

"Oh god." I choked out.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"It's the worse smoothie I've ever drank in my whole life. And I've tried sugarless smoothie before." I exclaimed.

SeungHyun rolled his eyes and said,

"That's good for losing weight. No wonder you still don't have abs since they're covered with your fats."

Causing me to whack him on his arm.