Chapter 2

Sorry for the delay. School had me busy :) but I hope you enjoy this chapter
----------------------------

Bolin sighed, grinning.

"Well that was a fun ride if I do say so myself. Man. Look at this view".

The teens looked out at the view of the kingdom. They could see everything.

Asami smiled as she gently swung her legs over the edge of the cliff the group was currently sitting on. Their pegasi were close by, nibbling on the grass and resting.

Asami looked out at her kingdom.

'In just a year or two, I'll be ruler of all this,' she thought.

Asami, being the only child of the King and Queen, was going to inherit the throne as Queen of Futura once she turned 19 years old. She recently turned 18 and so her time as just a princess was quickly coming to an end. Soon she'd be the reigning queen of her land. Her father wanted her to prepare her as much as possible, so Asami was put into training and lessons as soon as her mother felt she was old enough to understand what the teachers were talking about and the importance of the lessons in the first place. Which was around the age of seven years old. Asami of course still had a pretty great childhood. She was loved and not limited on activities she wanted to do such as horseback riding or painting or going on rides with her pegasus. Her parents even let her have friends over, even if they weren't royal or of any high ranking position. Being the only child had its perks after all.

Asami sighed in content at the thought. But then she remembered something.

She had to get married before she could become queen.

Asami groaned, covering her face with her hands. She felt a strong arm wrap around her.

"Okay", she heard Bolin say. "What's wrong??".

Asami lifted her head and looked at him. The green eyed lad was looking at her, waiting. Asami slouched.

"I just remembered that in order for me to become queen, I have to get married first".

Asami groaned extra loud to express her frustration of the subject.

"You'll be fine, Asami", Opal said. "Have you ever met anyone you might be interested in??".

Asami shook her head. "None of the princes or princesses I've ever met are just my type".

Asami's parents had introduced her to many different suitors and other princesses they thought would be interested in her. Asami just didn't click with any of them. They were, how do I put it........ boring. Well not exactly boring. They were anything but that. Some had magical powers like Asami. Some could control minds at will. She once met a prince who had exotic pets that Asami had never seen before. But they were boring to her. Asami had always wanted to meet someone that was as daring and adventure loving as herself.

"Well", Bolin said. "What do you look for in a soulmate??".

Asami looked out into the distance as she thought. There were a few beats of silence before she spoke.

"I want someone different".

Asami leaned foreword, her arms resting on her lap. She kept her eyes on the kingdom before her.

"Someone fun and exciting. Royals these days are not so much fun".

She stopped herself. She looked at her friends.