Chapter 44

Enjoy :)

Chatter filled the streets, the area surrounding the castle, and in the castle. Everyone was excited for the ceremony. People from all over had come to see this special moment. In just a few moments, their princess would become their new queen.

King Tonraq and Queen Senna were standing at the alter, where the throne Korra would be using for the ceremony, was positioned.

Asami, her parents, and all their friends were standing on the side, talking excitedly.

"She's gotta be so nervous," Mako said, arms crossed, eyes looking up the walkway to see if Korra was coming yet.

Asami nodded slowly, chewing on her bottom lip absentmindedly. She was a little worried about Korra. Korra still wasn't used to being the center of attention and she'd be walking down the long long walkway alone today. Asami wasn't sure how she'd react.

Asami glanced around the room, looking at each of the guests that were attending the coronation. The people were smiling and talking merrily among themselves. She could hear snippets of people's conversations.

"The princess is going to be the best queen ever. Maybe even better than her mother."

"I'll bet she is beautiful."

"The child must be so nervous right about now. Anyone would be."

Asami glanced back over to the walkway.

"Do you see her yet??" Bolin asked, craning his neck to see.

Asami shook her head. "No, not yet."

Asami sighed, suddenly feeling butterflies in her stomach. Her hands clenched together. She looked down at the floor, trying to distract herself.

Suddenly music caught her attention. Her head whipped up. The musicians began to play a melody.

"Guys, look," Jinora said, smiling. "Korra."

Korra walked through the wide open entrance doors.

The choir began to sing. Everyone stood up, and turned around to look.

The princess is here.
Behold her royal highness
Behold, behold, the princess is before us. Behold behold the princess is, the princess is here.
The princess is before us, in all her grace and beauty.
Behold, behold, behold, the princess Korra comets.
Behold behold, the princess is here.

Asami couldn't keep her eyes off of Korra as Korra walked down the carpeted aisle. Asami frowned. Korra had her eyes on the floor, her head down. She was playing with something in her hands. Asami couldn't see what it was, but she knew there was something there.

Asami tore her eyes away to look at her friends. The others were already looking right back at her, a questioning look on each of their faces.

"Is she alright??," Bolin leaned over and asked.

Asami looked back at Korra.

"She's nervous," she said. "Anyone can see that."

"Well then," Bolin said. "We gotta fix that. C'mon".

Bolin took Asami and Opal by the wrist and started down the aisle towards Korra. Mako, Jinora, and Kai looked at each other. They immediately followed them, sort of understanding what they were going to do.

"Um, what are we doing?" Asami asked, looking around at the audience to see them staring at them.

"We're going to make sure Korra isn't alone in this," Bolin declared. "She needs our support now more than ever."

Asami looked ahead. She saw Korra standing in the middle of the long long walkway. She had a raised eyebrow, a unspoken question in her eyes. The small group walked up to her. Asami smiled and took her spot on Korra's left side, Bolin on her right.

Asami smiled at Korra. Korra looked at them, unsure of what they were doing.

"Cmon," Bolin instructed, flashing his best friend an encouraging smile. "Head up and shoulders back and stand up tall."

Asami gently tilted Korra's head up. Korra felt hands pull her shoulders back a little, forcing her stand up straight.

"Now," Bolin said. "We're going to do this together. You won't be alone for this so you'll have nothing to worry about."

Korra smiled.

"You guys really gotta stop saving my butt, but you really are the best."

Opal smirked. "We know and hey, there's nothing wrong with needing some encouragement from friends every so often. Perfectly normal."

Korra laughed quietly. She nodded her head.

"Alright then. We have an audience waiting."

They all faced forward. Asami slipped her hands into Korra's. They began to walk.

Korra kept her eyes on the end of the aisle, a smile on her face. She did her best to keep herself calm by thinking of Asami's hand in her own and how soft it was. It made her nerves fade away little by little.

She was okay. She could do this. She had nothing to worry about.

Suddenly there were screams of terror. They stopped walking and turned around.

Korra gasped at the sight. A dark, gray and black mist was seeping through the doorway.

"What is that??."

Korra looked at Asami. The green eyed woman looked afraid but was trying not to show it.

"I..... I don't know."

Suddenly three shadowy black figures appeared out the mist. The crowds backed away from them in fear. The mist faded away, leaving the three shadowy figures standing there.

"Oh my gosh." Asami said quietly.

Korra looked at her.

"What??. Do you you know what those are??."

Asami nodded. She wrapped an arm around Korra. Her other hand holding on to Bolin's arm.

"They're evil spirits. Soul stealers is what they're called. I never thought I'd ever see one cuz I've only heard of them in stories."

Korra's eyebrows raised. "Evil spirits??."

She looked back at the figures. They were floating off the floor. They seemed human but were all dark yet a little transparent. Goosebumps rose on her arms as a chill seemed to fill the whole room. The little hairs on the back of her neck rose at the thought of them being in the presence of evil spirits. Soul stealers. That could not be good at all.

Korra slowly shook her head. This wasn't happening. Why today, of all days??

"Why does this kind of stuff always happen to us?."

PLEASE READ BELOW
So yeah. Just when you thought the drama was over. NOPE! I always have something up my sleeve. But this is probably the last bad thing that happens in the story before it's finished in a few chapters. Comment what you think is going to happen and what you thought of this chapter :)