Chapter 31

Enjoy :)

Korra was unusually quiet the next few days. Not even Asami could bring her out of her quiet shell. She knew Korra was grieving the loss of her uncle. No one knew why it affected her more than the king himself. Korra had even asked her father to bury Unaloq in a proper grave, not to just some ditch, burnt by a fire, like they usually would for traitors.

Korra had requested a moment of silence for the man.

Asami stayed by her side through it all although she did not understand. But she didn't question Korra's motives or actions and was just there for Korra when she was needed.

Everyone had let Korra grieve for as long as she needed which was only a week. Her mother comforted her whenever possible when she wasn't shut up in her room. She didn't do anything all day for that week. She simply wanted to just sit. She barely ate. Asami had to threaten her to get to eat. Korra knew they were empty threats but ate just to make Asami stop worrying.

After about a week, Korra was back to normal. Asami and Korra's parents were glad to see her smiling and hear her talking again. Weeks passed with no interruption in the joy and happiness of the family.

Korra and Asami were preparing for their upcoming wedding in two weeks. The castle was bustling with activity, maids and butlers starting on the activities. Korra and Asami were pulled every which way, asked what color for the tables, colors for the decorations, what kind of cake they wanted for the reception, what kind of party they'd have.

"Thank you, your highnesses", the woman said, smiling. "Tomorrow you will be trying on your dresses".

"Thank you so much for your help", Korra said.

The woman blushed from ear to ear. She looked away.

"Oh it's no trouble. I'm glad you appreciate my help but I'm only doing my job".

"Well you do fantastic job", Asami commented with a smile.

"Thank you", the woman said. "If you'll excuse me".

She bowed and hurried away. Korra and Asami looked at each other.

"I've never seen so much activity in one building before", Korra said. "It's almost too much to handle in one day".

Asami took her head. "Well let me know if you need to get some air", She said. "I don't want you to get overwhelmed and stress yourself ill".

Asami kissed her forehead lightly. Korra smiled. She looked up at the older princess.

"I can't wait".

"Korra. Asami".

The two turned their heads. They saw Korra's parents walking towards them. The adults walked up to them.

"Yes??", Asami asked.

"We need to talk to you girls. It's nearly time for Korra's lessons so we won't take more than an hour", Tonraq said. "Follow us".

The two princesses looked at eachother questioningly before following them. The four walked down to another part of the castle, into the meeting room. Officials were there, sitting around the long table.

They all stood up and bowed.

"Your highnesses", the head of the royal guard greeted.

Asami and Korra gave a nod of acknowledgement to their audience. 

"Hello", Asami said.