Chapter 33

Enjoy :)

Asami groaned quietly, slowly coming out of her dream. Her green eyes cracked open and then closed again when she realized she was waking up.

Asami sighed and she brought a hand up and rubbed her tired eyes. She rolled over to her side and smiled. But the smile quickly disappeared when she saw that the other side of the bed was empty.

She had forgotten.

Asami stared at the empty space and her very being felt the exact same way. Half empty. Asami reached out and lightly ran her fingers over the sheets. It was cold.
Asami could see Korra as if she were right there beside her. She could see the bundle underneath the blanket, hiding every last inch of Korra's body. She could hear the groan of the younger girl when Asami woke her up every morning. She could see the smile that would spread across Korra's tired face when Asami would successfully get her to open her eyes and she could see the bluest eyes she's ever seen staring at her with love and joy to see her yet with sleep and drowsiness from being woken up in the morning.

Asami sighed as she sat up.

How was she suppose to survive without Korra by her side? She wouldn't have her to keep her company in the lonely hours when she wasn't in her tutoring lessons or with her parents. Korra wouldn't be there to brighten up her day like no other person could. She wouldn't be there to keep Asami motivated to get through the day of work.

But Asami had to try anyhow.

The raven haired princess pulled the sheets off and climbed out of bed. She walked over to the large windows and pulled the drapes open. The sunlight flooded into the dark room, blinding Asami for a few seconds. She squinted and looked away. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she looked out the window. She could see the kingdom not that far off.

Usually the sight would be breathtaking. But Asami only felt that way because Korra made it look that way.

Asami stepped back and walked to her personal bathroom to get ready. She walked in, already seeing the bath ready for her.

Asami tied her hair up in a neat high bun. She stripped off her nightgown and hung it up. The princess walked over to the bathtub and climbed in. Sitting down, Asami sat back and relax in the water.

The water didn't seem as relaxing to her this morning.

Asami bathed herself and then rinsed off. She used her magic to grab a towel from the small table next to the sink. Asami got out of the tub, wrapping the warmed up towel around her body.

Asami found her outfit for the day. She wore a crimson red, long sleeved, velvet dress and red heels. The fabric welt soft and warm which was much needed in the cold wintery weather.

Asami walked over to the vanity. Picking up a brush, she began to brush out her raven hued locks. She pinned her long hair up on the right side with a gold hair accessory. Asami applied some makeup and perfume. She then stepped back and looked at herself.

Presentable.

Asami heard a knock on her door. She turned towards it.

"Come in".

The door opened to reveal a maid. Asami's heart sank. She had expected it to be Korra although she was fully aware of the events that happened less than a day ago.