Chapter 35

Enjoy :)

Weeks passed by. No Korra. Asami was beginning to lose her mind. Every morning she's wake up, expecting Korra to be there next to her, but she never was. Asami could hardly concentrate on other things except wonder where Korra was or what she was doing, if she was okay.

Everyone had started to notice a change in behavior as the weeks and eventually months rolled by. Asami had slowly become less interested in things she used to love. She still rode her pegasus with her friends but she didn't have the same excitement.

Asami stayed in her room reading or sitting outside on the grass with Midnight to keep her company. Her friends came by as often as they could to try and raise her spirit but they could only cheer her up so much.

Her parents were worried about her as well. Some days her mom would have to drag her out of her room and force her to talk to other people.

It was horrible.

Asami sighed quietly. She stared out her window sadly. Her mind was blank as she just look out at the view of the ocean. It reminded her of Korra. Her eyes were same color but Korra's eyes were much bluer. The princess felt her heart ache at the thought. Asami wasn't one to self pity. She just found it hard to be truly happy without Korra.

And today was the worst day to think about that. Today was the one year anniversary of when they met.

Asami heard a knock on her door. Looking over across the room, she called, "come in".

The door opened and Asami's mom walked in. The queen smiled gently.

"Hello, my dear".

Asami smiled softly. "Hi. Is there something you need??".

"Yes, actually", her mother said. "I need to show you something. Follow me".

Asami got up, honestly curious as to what her mother had in mind. She followed her out of the room. The two walked down the long halls, greeting passing maids or guards.

They stopped at a door. Asami raised an eyebrow.

"The seamstress room??", she questioned.

Her mom smiled at her. She opened the door and they walked in. The seamstresses were doing their thing, working on new clothes for the royal family and such. They all stopped what they were doing and looked up at the queen and princess.

"Your majesties", the head seamstress said, standing up.

She bowed deeply, smiling. She looked at Asami.

"I brought her here to see the dress", Queen Sira said, hands clasped.

Asami looked at her mom in confusion. What dress??

"Then follow me", the woman said.

The three women walked out to a back room. It was dark as all the shades were covering the windows. The head seamstress used magic to move the curtains aside and the sunshine poured into the dark room, revealing its colors.

The seamstress walked over to something like looked like a mannequin that was covered by a white drape.

"We've wanted to show you this for quite some time, your highness", she said, referring to Asami.

Asami walked over to her to see what it was she wanted to show her.

The woman carefully pulled the white sheet off. Asami's eyes widened, her mouth falling open. She stared at the dress in front of her.

The seamstress smiled gently at her.

"This is Korra's wedding dress", she said.

Asami walked up to the hung up dress. It was beautiful. It was a white and blue dress. The chest area and the long sleeves were lace, basically see through and would've looked great with Korra's beautiful tanned skin.

The skirt of the dress was a little less slim and had a short train. The blue belt on the dress looked like it was made of silk. The chest of the dress was covered with jewels of all shades of blue. There were also golden brown tribal feathers they was on the neck of the dress.

Asami stared at it in awe. She slowly walked up to the mannequin. She stopped in front of it. Asami reached a hand out and lightly touched the fabric. It was amazingly soft.

Asami could imagine Korra wearing it. The room was silent as Asami just looked over the dress a million times.

"I won't be able to see her wear it", she said her voice breaking slightly with emotion.

"Asami", her mother spoke up.

She walked up to her daughter and touched her right shoulder. Asami couldn't tear her teary eyes away from the beautiful wedding dress. The dress Korra would probably never get to see or wear.

"There's still a chance she'd put there", the queen said. "You can't lose hope. Korra wouldn't want you to".

Asami knew her mother was right. Korra was still out there. She just knew it. Korra was far from her reach but she was out there.

Asami's ring caught her attention. The princess looked down at ring. The gold circlet shone in the light, reminding Asami of the day she proposed to Korra.

The love of her life. The one that would forever hold her heart and no one else will ever capture Asami's already stolen heart. Her heart belonged to Korra and she'd be damned if she gave up on her now.

Asami turned around and looked at her mother.

"Alright. I won't give up".

Asami's mother smiled. "Let's go visit Korra's parents and see how they're doing. They must be heartbroken".

Asami nodded.

So comment what you think :)