Chapter 24

Enjoy :)

Korra stared down at the ring, smiling. She felt a swell of happiness on her chest. Butterflies tickled the I side of her. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to sleep that night.

Korra relaxed her hand. She played with her bed sheets, a smile still on her face.

"What's got you all happy??".

Korra looked up. She saw Asami walking into the room in her pajamas. The raven haired princess walked over to her vanity and sat down. She picked up a brush and began brushing her hair. She looked at Korra through the mirror.

"Oh nothing", Korra said. "You just proposed to me. Nothing speacial".

Asami laughed and looked over her shoulder. Putting the hairbrush down, Asami got up. She walked over to Korra's bed. She sat down beside her, smiling.

"Well I'm glad I make you happy", she said.

Asami scooted closer to Korra. She wrapped her arms around her waist. Korra leaned on her so her back on facing Asami.

"Asami??", she said.

"Yes??".

"I love you".

Asami rested her chin on Korra's left shoulder. She kissed her cheek.

"I love you too".

"I'm glad your parents stayed the night with us", Korra said, looking up at her. "I know they'd want to stick around after today. The journey back would be too dangerous at this time of night".

"I should thank your parents tomorrow", Asami said.

Asami sighed and pulled away.

"C'mon. It's late. We need sleep".

Asami stood up. She turned to Korra. Leaning over, she kissed Korra on the lips. Korra smiled.

"Good night", Asami said.

"Good night", Korra said, getting comfortable in her bed.

Asami walked over to her bed. She got in, pulling the blanket up. Asami snapped her fingers and the lights dimmed down. She laid down, closing her eyes. She fell asleep almost immediately.
-------------

Korra laid awake, unable to sleep. She sighed silently as she stared up at the ceiling.

She had been tossing and turning all night. But she just couldn't get her brain to stop. Thoughts ran through her head in a never-ending train. She was too excited to sleep, but her eyes were heavy with exhaustion. She didn't want to worry about so she left her alone to sleep.

At least one of them would have energy tomorrow.

Korra rolled onto her left side, snuggling into her blanket. It was so soft and she was so tired. Korra closed her eyes.

Suddenly she heard a sound. Korra froze. She opened her eyes a little to peek. She saw a person standing in her room. How did they get in??

Her heart was racing. Korra knew exactly who it was.

Unaloq.

How did he get past the guards??. Unless he used his magic to teleport. Korra turned around so her back was to the man. Korra opened her eyes. She slowly moved her left hand around, trying to find something. Then she found it. She wrapped her fingers around the grip securely.

Korra prepared herself when she heard faint footsteps coming her way. Korra suddenly felt a presence behind her. She had to act now.

Korra tightened her grip. She shot up, swinging the sword. It was knocked out of her hand by a ball of light. Korra looked up. Her uncle stood there, actually surprised at her attempt.