Chapter 22

Enjoy :)

Korra chewed on her bottom lip. She looked up at Asami. Asami was sitting in front of her, waiting.

Korra's parents had left the two alone so Korra could feel more comfortable talking.

It was quiet. Asami patiently waiter for Korra to say something.

Korra looked away.

"I honestly don't know why I did it".

"What do you mean??", Asami asked, obviously confused. "Korra, what happened in there??".

Korra sighed. "There were these girls. I think they're around our age. They're royalty as well. One of them was named Princess Azura".

"Azura??".

Korra nodded. "Yeah. Do you know her??".

"I've never heard of a princess Azura", Asami said. "Why?? Did she say something to you??".

Korra laughed dryly.

"How could I be so weak??. I let stupid words hurt me more than they should've. I really don't have a backbone at all".

"Don't say that", Asami said. "You are not weak. Words can do serious damage and have caused people to do terrible things so you're not the only one".

Korra nodded slowly, looking at the stone floor.

"She was saying how I don't belong on the throne. That I'm not smart enough or capable enough to be a queen. They were all picking at every little thing they could and they were right. I'm sensitive. I let words get to me easily. They said I wasn't good enough since I was a just a servant not even a month ago. Princess Azura saw that I'm still not used to all this and I'll never fit in and she told me I don't belong here and never will. She said that no one could ever really care about me or want me. Not even my parents or you".

Asami began to laugh.

"Korra. That's so stupid. They don't even know you".

Korra exhaled. "Thank you. That's what I said. They just kept running their mouths and I just........ i couldn't control myself. They told me it best for everyone".

Asami frowned. "Why would they say that to you??. That's so cruel".

Korra shrugged. She chuckled.

"I know what they were saying wasn't true. It's just my insecurities getting the best of me, I guess".

Korra looked at Asami. "I know you care about me. I don't know why I suddenly doubted you. I'm sorry".

"Don't worry about it", Asami said. "Did you say anything back??".

Korra nodded. "I just told them that I wished them nothing but a happy, blissful life".

Asami hadn't expected that kind of response from someone who was being told those horrible things. She at least thought Korra would use some very foul language or get angry and punch or slap Princess Azura. But no. She didn't. She was kind instead.

She frowned deeply.

"I think they should be talked to and told to leave".

Korra nodded. "Yeah. Me too. I don't want that kind of negativity here. This was suppose to be a fun ball but then this happened".

Korra threw her hands up.

"I can't go to one ball without ruining it. Spirits I have horrible luck with parties".

Asami smiled. "Well it's still going on. You think you ready to go back inside??".

Korra nodded. "Are my eyes red and puffy?", she asked.