Chapter 40

Enjoy :)

Korra's eyes slowly cracked open. She realized she was awake and shifted around. She felt a hand running through her short hair. Bringing a hand up, Korra rubbed her eyes. The princess immediately saw pale skin and light pink clothing.

Korra lifted her head and looked up. She saw Asami laying beside her, using her hand to elevate her head. Asami smiled.

"Good morning, princess", Asami whispered.

Korra sleepily grinned. "Good morning".

"Sleep well??".

Korra nodded. "Yes I did. For the first time in forever I fell asleep comfortably".

"That's good to hear", Asami said. "Did Varrick give you a bed to sleep on??".

Korra made a face. "It wast necessarily a bed. It was a blanket on the floor".

Asami slowly nodded. "Oh".

The two laid there in silence. Asami ran her fingers through Korra's hair. She hummed quietly while doing so. Korra stared at Asami, making eye contact.

After a while Asami noticed a change in Korra's facial expression. She looked confused, as if she just thought of something.

"What is it??".

"Don't you have queen things to do??".

Asami giggled. "Queen things??".

"You know what I mean", Korra said, sitting up.

Asami sat up in bed, looking at Korra. The former slave raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you have a kingdom to run??".

Asami smiled. "I told my parents and my advisors I'd be taking a day off to spend time with you".

"Do you have something planned for us to do??", Korra asked with interest.

Asami kissed her cheek, making Korra blush. Asami pulled the blanket off her and got out of bed. She stood up and looked at Korra.

"Go bathe and get dressed", she said. "I have the whole day planned".

Korra's eyes widened in excitement. She quickly threw off the blanket and got out of bed. She suddenly froze, a pained look on her face.

"Owwww", she whined.

Asami's smile fell.

"What's wrong??".

She took Korra's arm in case she collapsed or something. Korra nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just not use to sleeping on a bed. I'm used to the floor".

"Well just be careful today", Asami warned. "I don't want you to get hurt on your first day back".

Korra managed a small smile. She wrapped her arms around herself, head down.

Asami kissed her cheek.

"Cmon".
------------------------

Asami cut a piece of her eggs off her plate. She glanced up at Korra. The blue eyed woman was sitting across the table from her. She was eating away at her breakfast.

Asami paused and watched.

Korra can eat. At first when they were served their breakfast, Korra had been reluctant and kept asking if Asami was okay with her eating with her. After multiple nods and reassurance from Asami, Korra began to eat. She was basically shoveling the food into her mouth. Korra probably hasn't eaten this much in three long years in captivity. Asami sat there and watched her, slightly concerned yet amused at Korra's eating style.